• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcyle Camping and Adventure Touring Show

I know the show was lacking on the camping vendors at the show, and I would like to explain. I started organizing this show WAY too late. I could motivate the motorcycle industry, because they know me, but on the camping side, it was much more difficult. Although companies like Big Agnes, MSR expressed a lot of interest, and I'm sure I can get them on board next year, Christmas truly is their busiest time of year, and I just didn't give enough notice for them to budget manpower. Manpower is always the biggest challenge for anybody working the show. However, the camping night was just what it should be. People getting together with old friends and making new ones. Overall, I'm very happy with the show; and of course have a ton of ideas on how to make it better.... but the one thing I can say is, I saw more smiling faces at this show than any other trade show I've ever been to. That's what counts. The venue was perfect. I wanted it to be more like a social event than a show, and I think we accomplished that. The show will be back next year, due to popular demand. :)
I thought it was reasonably good. I know this was the first one, and you already know the areas of improvement. As for me, I enjoyed it. I hope it was enough of a success that you have something to build off of for next year. Yes, more camping venders would be nice, as I camp. You could also draw in the motorcycle campers (Roll A Home for instance) or a camping supplier. I will plan on being there next year. Christian Motorcyclists Association is a great source if you need some volunteers (just a hint)

Well now that ya'll are pumped up for adventure bike camping, come buy a bunch of stuff from my "everything for bike camping sale" Will set you up, far better and cheaper than the guy at REI :-) Current Craig's post from today: https://austin.craigslist.org/mpo/d/thorndale-moto-adventure-camping-gear/6796234832.html Beartooth Pass WY.jpg

Well now that ya'll are pumped up for adventure bike camping, come buy a bunch of stuff from my "everything for bike camping sale" Will set you up, far better and cheaper than the guy at REI :-) Current Craig's post from today: https://austin.craigslist.org/mpo/d/thorndale-moto-adventure-camping-gear/6796234832.html View attachment 50117

There is a Craig's list thread in the For Sale section that is very active. You should post this there.

Details on the women's riding gear? My daughter is 14, about 5'2" 100 lbs maybe. Could use some better street gear for her.

Back