• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mount St Helens Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Hemphill
Friday was a beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest. I have a childhood friend who lives in Portland, he owns a 2008 Harley Fat Bob. We met halfway between Portland and Seattle and then rode as far as we could down the Spirit Lake Highway to Mount St Helens. The roads were clear, the sky was blue, and the mountain was majestic. I couldn’t have asked for a better day.

The ONLY downside was my sore butt when I got home. [emoji23] This was my longest day out on the bike (I’ve been riding since December 31, 2019), and I was feeling it. I literally need to toughen my butt up.

e943b9bfd793cb77bc0109129b3c4121.jpg

bf737603e72fcd903b00eef260e69e96.jpg

cfae6cf0e2076068d0a6dca836c9ff16.jpg

18a7fe634651f2af0487f639024c4912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautiful. BTW, is that a seat belt around your chest in the third pic :)

It’s a Chrome messenger bag. Their signature design is to use old school seatbelts to secure their packs. My kids will never know the thrill of trying to not get a third degree burn while buckling your seatbelt on a hot summer day. [emoji38]

Thats on heck of a pic. Sounds like an epic day. Thanks for the memories of the hot seatbelt....I do remember along with those pesky vinyl seals!

Great pics, how close can you get to the mountain?

Great pics, how close can you get to the mountain?

I’m not exactly sure. The closest we could get that day was to Coldwater Lake. The highway behind to the Johnston Ridge Observatory was closed.

Back