• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Moved - Camping Trip now April 5-7

Reaction score
Been figurin on a campin trip with misterk. Thinkin ‘bout the weekend of MOVED TO APRIL 5-7

Destination is west, weather permitting. You know Kevin will be camping every night, most likely at a State Park. I may camp, or stay at a local hotel.

Anyone is welcome to come stay at my ranch bunkhouse on that Thursday night, & get an early start Friday mornin. We’ll post on here, a few days before, & have a lunch spot Friday for anyone else wanting to meet up. Ride all day Saturday, & back home Sunday afternoon.

There will be some dirt roads involved, hopefully all big bike friendly. As usual, I’ll be stopping at random shady spots, country cemeteries, greasy spoon cafes, & obscure historical markers.

Who’s in?

Last edited:
I believe that's spring break time. Might check before you leave for vacancy. Seems like it's awful busy for camping during that time period.

West ... is there anything west of Graham within 800 miles?

I will think about [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be watching as details develop. Would most likely be one to meet Friday at lunch.

Question... This is west of Dallas/Fort Worth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I camped at Palo Duro many years ago. Lost the lug studs off the right rear tire on my Mazda pickup (ford ranger clone). Felt it before the last one broke and had almost stopped, so no other damage done. Was able to remove one lug stud from the other three wheels and made it home on with 3 wheels missing one lug stud, and one wheel missing 2. Not related to this story in any way, just struck my memory spot. I do think it impressed my future wife with my ability to not panic and get us home.

I don't even carry the tools to do that anymore (not that any modern car would have interchangeable parts btwn front and back wheels any more). Although on that pickup, I might have been able to hammer them out with the tire iron if it came down to it..

Sounds like fun... haven't been to Palo Duro in a few years. Last time I camped there had to be 25 years ago when my brother & I took our mountain bikes with us & had a ball. Neat place.

Keeping my eye on this thread & see how things develop.

I camped at Palo Duro many years ago. Lost the lug studs off the right rear tire on my Mazda pickup (ford ranger clone). Felt it before the last one broke and had almost stopped, so no other damage done. Was able to remove one lug stud from the other three wheels and made it home on with 3 wheels missing one lug stud, and one wheel missing 2. Not related to this story in any way, just struck my memory spot. I do think it impressed my future wife with my ability to not panic and get us home.

I don't even carry the tools to do that anymore (not that any modern car would have interchangeable parts btwn front and back wheels any more). Although on that pickup, I might have been able to hammer them out with the tire iron if it came down to it..

What is it with y’all & tire problems?

Here’s a rough itinerary;

1). Thur evenin meet up at my place to camp

2). Friday mornin head out via backroads thru Seymour & up to the Pease River Battle Site (north of Thalia).

3). Meet for lunch ( for those unable to come out Thursday ) in Turkey, TX (home of Bob Wills, of course).

4). Stop by Lake Mackenzie on the way to Palo Duro State Park. Camp.

5). Saturday mornin, have misterk bring me breakfast, then ride backroads up to Borger & see the Adobe Walls museum in town.

Then ride up to the actual Adobe Walls site.

Then ride to the site of the Buffalo Wallow Fight

Then ride back to Caprock Canyons State Park & camp there.

6). Sunday point it towards the house & cut a hole in it.

Last edited:

Whaaaaatttttt? A Queen crew member having tire issues? I never heard of such[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes. If weather is tolerable, I’d like to camp @ Palo Duro Canyon, probably both Fri & Sat nights.

If weather is too cold, I’m heading SW (or anywhere it’s warm).

I've never been to Palo Duro and would love to but my wife and I will be coming back from Port Aransas just as you're heading out and I'll be going back to work that weekend.

I’m selling my house and moving back to the Hill Country with m’lady and old yeller lab. Something about my company wants me back down in Austin or something like that. But, hey, the kids are all grown and out of the house now, so why not? If the house hasn’t sold and we haven’t hitched the 5W pointed south, I’m a probably maybe. Caprock Canyons is a good plan B, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back