• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Moved - Camping Trip now April 5-7

Hmm....so you've moved it to a date that I could possibly attend.. However, I've got rides the weekend before and after and I'm not sure I can do 3 weekends in a row.

Mark me as tentative. If the ride before ends up being a wash out for some reason....then I'd probably be a go for this.

We've not yet cancelled a Strom A Thon....
& Im plannin the same this year
Understood....but I'm probably not burning a vacation day and traveling 5 hours south if it looks like constant rain and cold all weekend either.

I don't expect that to be the case though. My guess is that it will be great and I'll be there.

Understood....but I'm probably not burning a vacation day and traveling 5 hours south if it looks like constant rain and cold all weekend either.

I don't expect that to be the case though. My guess is that it will be great and I'll be there.

There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad gear. So they say.

We've been lucky with the weather so far.

Planning on going. Talking Jampad into coming too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the Gila wilderness ride. What season would you all be interested in? The monsoons tend to hit 3rd week of July. And can get pretty bad.

That first weekend in April I'm actually off Fri/Sat/Sun (my days off change every 4 weeks). Is this a dual sport ride or is this all paved? I know it's still up in the air. If I'm going long distances (since I live near Austin) I'd rather bring the road bike which can eat the miles with ease.

I have soft side bags for the DR but no racks to mount them on. San Saba isn't nearly as far for me as Palo Duro.

That first weekend in April I'm actually off Fri/Sat/Sun (my days off change every 4 weeks). Is this a dual sport ride or is this all paved? I know it's still up in the air. If I'm going long distances (since I live near Austin) I'd rather bring the road bike which can eat the miles with ease.

I have soft side bags for the DR but no racks to mount them on. San Saba isn't nearly as far for me as Palo Duro.

I would take the street bike. You can bypass when we hit dirt roads and meet us at next intersection.

I don’t think the dr would much fun on this type of ride.

So best I can tell this has been rescheduled for the weekend of April 5??
Count me as a probable for this one. Going to have to untie some of the better half's purse strings for some new tires on the KLR first though.
Funny she thinks nothing of me dropping $$$$ on the truck or boat but **** spend a dime on one of the bikes and she lets me know about it.

Going to have to untie some of the better half's purse strings for some new tires on the KLR first though.
Funny she thinks nothing of me dropping $$$$ on the truck or boat but **** spend a dime on one of the bikes and she lets me know about it.
To seek permission is to seek denial!

Count me as a probable for this one. Going to have to untie some of the better half's purse strings for some new tires on the KLR first though.
Better to seek forgiveness than permission.

My wife has the same access to our money that I do but she would rather not handle our finances so relies on me. I found out after getting married (almost 6 years ago) that she has a lot of debt on a credit card. We're slowly paying that off.

My road bike is up for sale so don't want to take it on any more trips. I'll be relegated to the DR650 from here on out. I love the bike, it just isn't good for long distances like this ride would be. I'm most likely out but will keep tabs on the thread. Palo Duro is about 500 miles from our place outside of Austin. On a sport touring bike with cruise control that's no sweat. I would still need to get side racks to carry the Wolfman soft bags on the DR.

correct April 5th.

Been figurin on a campin trip with misterk. Thinkin ‘bout the weekend of MOVED TO APRIL 5-7

Destination is west, weather permitting. You know Kevin will be camping every night, most likely at a State Park. I may camp, or stay at a local hotel.

Anyone is welcome to come stay at my ranch bunkhouse on that Thursday night, & get an early start Friday mornin. We’ll post on here, a few days before, & have a lunch spot Friday for anyone else wanting to meet up. Ride all day Saturday, & back home Sunday afternoon.

There will be some dirt roads involved, hopefully all big bike friendly. As usual, I’ll be stopping at random shady spots, country cemeteries, greasy spoon cafes, & obscure historical markers.

Who’s in?
First Contact - I'm in. Are you still offering your ranch bunk house for April 4? Please let me know the details and contact information.

First Contact - I'm in. Are you still offering your ranch bunk house for April 4? Please let me know the details and contact information.

Yes, Aaron will post up address or coordinates shortly.

BTW: I will be an expert in all things involving big bike motorcycles sand and obstacles on March 29 at 3pm. Lol

Yes, Aaron will post up address or coordinates shortly.

BTW: I will be an expert in all things involving big bike motorcycles sand and obstacles on March 29 at 3pm. Lol
I would like to hear about this, expert...Unsure what's going on March 29? I see nothing scheduled on the calendar.

I am taking Bill Dagroo's Level 3 school in Norman OK on the 28th and 29th.
Ahhh! I didn't know or never have heard of Bill Dagroo's school so I looked up the website and WOW! You will be the go to guy for riding in sand. Have a great and enjoyable time.

Yes my bunkhouse will be available that Thurs night. 10 miles south of Graham.
I would like to accept your hospitality for the bunkhouse on Thursday April 4, how would I find your location? I can give you my contact information if that would help.

I would like to accept your hospitality for the bunkhouse on Thursday April 4, how would I find your location? I can give you my contact information if that would help.

Aaron’s bunkhouse compound is pretty sweet. When the zombie apocalypse happens...that is where you will find the Misterk household:)

To find my compound, you must 1st find the singing bush, read the appropriate lines, shoot into the air, & summon the invisible swordsman. Note-please shoot straight up into the air.

Aaron, you need to stop advertising the location.

Back