• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Moved - Camping Trip now April 5-7

OK, checking back in. I may be able to make this if I don't blow a hall pass on Strom a bong, and that dang last sheep comes up with a baby in timely fashion. I'm getting good at helping in the birth process by finding the babies in the grass and hollering at the mom to get the heck back there and take care of her kids, cause this ain't no welfare farm.

OK, checking back in. I may be able to make this if I don't blow a hall pass on Strom a bong, and that dang last sheep comes up with a baby in timely fashion. I'm getting good at helping in the birth process by finding the babies in the grass and hollering at the mom to get the heck back there and take care of her kids, cause this ain't no welfare farm.

Excellent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope you can take a break from the rigorous life of a gentleman farmer.

Highly highly probable! Will likely meet y'all at the ranch before y'all leave out Friday morning, got a new tkc on the rear and a top rack coming in on this Thursday finally, worse case, I'll carry a backpack and strap a duffle bag to the seat!

Palo Duro Canyon is booked, I got the last campsite. We are set for Friday night. Saturday there are plenty of sites at the other campground, whichever we choose. Copper breaks has 37 available out of 60. Lake Marvin by Canadian is always open.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 11.59.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 11.59.30 AM.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 161
Palo Duro Canyon is booked, I got the last campsite. We are set for Friday night. Saturday there are plenty of sites at the other campground, whichever we choose. Copper breaks has 37 available out of 60. Lake Marvin by Canadian is always open.
Cool... what's the PD campsite capacity?

Weather is looking fantastical.

For those coming Thursday, let’s meet up at 1:30 in Graham @ Burgers N Billiards (right behind the Whataburger on Main Street). After vittles, we’ll ride around a spell then head to the bunkhouse that evenin for camping. Those comin later can meet us at the bunkhouse that evenin.

Friday mornin we’ll get up & goin early. Those folks joining us that Friday can meet us in Turkey, TX for lunch. We’ll end the day at Palo Duro campground.

I hope Boulder Ed brings his guitar to sing songs around the campfire. I’d like to go ahead a request a couple of tunes.

1). Stairway to Heaven
2). Innagoddadavida
3). Freebird

I’m sure I’ll think of some more.......

oh ooh. Supposed to rain all day Sat.... and awaiting another sheep birth. Pretty sure I'm grounded.

oh ooh. Supposed to rain all day Sat.... and awaiting another sheep birth. Pretty sure I'm grounded.

Texas is a BIG state. Rain only in the metroplex, the panhandle is dry all day.

Weather don’t get any better than this! Having a baby sheep is a different issue lol

eb01dc2a1498708b04c4d008dd392702.jpg

How was the Herd Burger? I assume awesome but interested in your level 4 opinion. :)
Have a fun ride. I'm about to start a conference call about budgets. Yeah me...

Those folks joining us that Friday can meet us in Turkey, TX for lunch.
Thought I could make it out to the bunkhouse today but work got in the way. :headbang: If I can make a clean break tomorrow, I’d like to catch up to you guys in Turkey & on to Palo Duro.

Is there a lunch destination in Turkey & time to shoot for?

Last edited:
I should be in camp at Palo Duro by 6 on Friday. Let me know if I need to bring any extra provisions. I have some room in my cooler and saddle bags.

Can’t make it. Post up pictures and a ride report if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys get hit in the thunderstorms that hit Lubbock and Amarillo last night? They didn't look horrible...but looked close based on the radar I saw.

I know Kevin has level 4 expert rain experience and leaves his house to camp in the rain. How'd the rest of you fare?

You guys get hit in the thunderstorms that hit Lubbock and Amarillo last night? They didn't look horrible...but looked close based on the radar I saw.

I know Kevin has level 4 expert rain experience and leaves his house to camp in the rain. How'd the rest of you fare?

Some pretty close lightening but rain was not too heavy. Made for some muddy roads this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back