• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

MSF Dirt Bike Class

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Collins
I have a class on basic dirt riding techniques Tuesday March 18. There is one student that felt he needed a refresher after the Uncles Round the Bend ride. I have room for more, give me a call, 512-755-3001

IXL Dirt Bike School
Brad Collins
MSF Certified Rider Coach

I will vouch for Brad's teaching. He is an excellent instructor. He knows his stuff and does a fantastic job conveying his knowledge to his class.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think after Uncle's that my wife and I need a class as well. Unfortunately can't make it during the week so we will have to set up a weekend to come take a class with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a class on basic dirt riding techniques Tuesday March 18. There is one student that felt he needed a refresher after the Uncles Round the Bend ride. I have room for more, give me a call, 512-755-3001

IXL Dirt Bike School
Brad Collins
MSF Certified Rider Coach

I think I met Brad at Hidden Falls last April when Adventure Rider's International were out there doing their beginner adventure class.

I need some training myself!

I would like to take your class Brad but can't do a Tuesday. I only work every third Friday so that would be better for me. Good seeing you in big bend last week though.

Where are these classes held and how much are they? How long is a class? Bring your own bike? Does it have to be a true dirt bike?
Enquiring minds....

OK!!! here is a rundown...
I am retired and have 24/7 access to Hidden Falls Adventure Park (8 miles East of Marble Falls on FM1431), so I can schedule a class almost anytime.

the cost is $150/ student
class is all day
park access for the day is included in tuition
I have 4 or 5 bikes students can use, at no extra charge
CRF 450 R
KTM 525 EXC
2 Kawasaki KLX 140L (new, school bikes supplied by Woods Cycle Country, NewBraunfels

You should ride your own bike, so I can evaluate your set-up, and you can learn the techniques on the bike you are going to ride

I will have lunch, fluids, snacks on site

YOU will need to bring your safety gear..
full-face helmet
goggles (NOT just sunglasses)
over the ankle boots
long shirt and pants
full fingered gloves (I prefer light nylon..not leather)

More questions???? call me at 512-755-3001
PS I am qualified to coach ages 6 and up...

I wasn't sure where to list this new thread. I can see it can be a vendor, but I also offered it as an up-coming ride. I put it on TWT because some people at Uncles expressed interest. I only schedule classes when I have students. Interested parties should look on Facebook or call me, I will not post up-coming classes here.

Thanks for the info Brad. My wife and I have already liked your FB page and are just looking for a weekend we can carve out time for the trip. Looking forward to getting some skills under our belt. I think we missed out on some great riding at Uncle's due to no off-road knowledge.

thanks for the info.

This is filed for "when I have the time and money".
Which may not be that far away!

GG - me no likey fall down go boom. This would produce a need for a second and much lighter bike too. But I do enjoy the thought of what is offered here....

GG - me no likey fall down go boom. This would produce a need for a second and much lighter bike too. But I do enjoy the thought of what is offered here....

You know you need a dirt bike.

Sent by Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Brad. My wife and I have already liked your FB page and are just looking for a weekend we can carve out time for the trip. Looking forward to getting some skills under our belt. I think we missed out on some great riding at Uncle's due to no off-road knowledge.

I had essentially no dirt experience when I tried the Adventure Challenge and developed a bad case of seat pucker. Didn't finished after having my 560 Lb. Tenere lifted off my foot/leg three times. I shouldn't have put off dirt lessons until it was too late. Ignorance is not bliss in deep gravel. That's why I am now signed up for Brad's class on Tuesday.
And, if you should ever follow an orange psychedelic V-Strom around Central Texas, dirt and gravel will be part of the ride.

You know you need a dirt bike.
TWTourist had a lot of fun on his V-Strom, on 90/10 street tires. Never got into a section of the Adventure Challenge where it was marginal. But those plated dirt bikes just zoomed over the gravel and sand. One passed this old man at what seemed like 50 mph.

Last edited:
I had essentially no dirt experience when I tried the Adventure Challenge and developed a bad case of seat pucker. Didn't finished after having my 560 Lb. Tenere lifted off my foot/leg three times. I shouldn't have put off dirt lessons until it was too late. Ignorance is not bliss in deep gravel. That's why I am now signed up for Brad's class on Tuesday.
And, if you should ever follow an orange psychedelic V-Strom around Central Texas, dirt and gravel will be part of the ride.

We were in the same boat, only with smaller bikes. 200ft down River Road and my wife had fallen twice in the sand, getting her leg stuck under her TW200. Before Uncle's she had been off-road only once before and there was zero loose stuff there. I didn't want her to get too frustrated on her first outing/trip so we stuck to gravel roads after that.

You aren't kidding about deep gravel. We did have one incident where we got confused on one road bring a gravel road...turns out it was an "unimproved" road and about 3 miles in it got rocky and loose. My wife ended up doing an impressive high-side crash, knocking the wind out of her and breaking several things on her bike...fortunately she walked away with only bruises and a little scare...

We had wanted to take a class beforehand but just couldn't make the time. We'll definitely do so before our next adventure involving off-road riding.

We were in the same boat, only with smaller bikes. 200ft down River Road and my wife had fallen twice in the sand, getting her leg stuck under her TW200. Before Uncle's she had been off-road only once before and there was zero loose stuff there. I didn't want her to get too frustrated on her first outing/trip so we stuck to gravel roads after that.

You aren't kidding about deep gravel. We did have one incident where we got confused on one road bring a gravel road...turns out it was an "unimproved" road and about 3 miles in it got rocky and loose. My wife ended up doing an impressive high-side crash, knocking the wind out of her and breaking several things on her bike...fortunately she walked away with only bruises and a little scare...

We had wanted to take a class beforehand but just couldn't make the time. We'll definitely do so before our next adventure involving off-road riding.

Why don't you and the wife come hang out with me on April 4-6 at Hidden Falls?

Why don't you and the wife come hang out with me on April 4-6 at Hidden Falls?

Thanks for the invite!

I seem to remember you posting about a Hidden Falls ride that weekend, because I had checked with my wife to see if she wanted to go when you first posted (if I'm not getting it mixed up, there have been several HF rides posted lately). Unfortunately we have a work conference scheduled that weekend.

Hope y'all have tons of fun!

Go and use Brads bikes and get the practice and the skills so you DON'T fall down.....this class will make you a better rider everywhere! :sun:

OK!!! here is a rundown...
I am retired and have 24/7 access to Hidden Falls Adventure Park (8 miles East of Marble Falls on FM1431), so I can schedule a class almost anytime.

the cost is $150/ student
class is all day
park access for the day is included in tuition
I have 4 or 5 bikes students can use, at no extra charge
CRF 450 R
KTM 525 EXC
2 Kawasaki KLX 140L (new, school bikes supplied by Woods Cycle Country, NewBraunfels

You should ride your own bike, so I can evaluate your set-up, and you can learn the techniques on the bike you are going to ride

I will have lunch, fluids, snacks on site

YOU will need to bring your safety gear..
full-face helmet
goggles (NOT just sunglasses)
over the ankle boots
long shirt and pants
full fingered gloves (I prefer light nylon..not leather)

More questions???? call me at 512-755-3001
PS I am qualified to coach ages 6 and up...

Why do you prefer light nylon over leather?

yeah, me too! Why nylon? I have some thin leather gloves with stretch nylon backs that I hope will be acceptable. (used for horseback riding)

Toucan use whatever you like....BUT.... Lightweight, better feel of controls, and they are WASHABLE. I keep extras, in case the ones I am wearing are to dirty or too wet.

I just did Brad's class today with some friends, and I highly recommend it. I used my personal ride, a wr250r, but my friends used Brad's bikes. All of us have a fair amount of street riding experience, and little experience on the dirt.

The exercises started fairly simple, but gradually added complexity. As the day progressed we didn't even notice as we blew past what we thought we could do on a bike. By the day's end we were riding up, down, and across hills. Up and over logs, and in circles tighter than we thought possible. We were even riding up hills while navigating small rock ledges!

Everyone crashed at least once, but that is part of riding in the dirt. Once we got over our fear about that, things started clicking.

Brad ran an excellent class, and the pace was good for experienced street riders with little experience in the dirt. I went from being **** uncomfortable standing on the pegs to having it almost feel natural.

I just did Brad's class today with some friends, and I highly recommend it. I used my personal ride, a wr250r, but my friends used Brad's bikes. All of us have a fair amount of street riding experience, and little experience on the dirt.

The exercises started fairly simple, but gradually added complexity. As the day progressed we didn't even notice as we blew past what we thought we could to on a bike. By the days end we were riding up, down, and across hills. Up and over logs, and in circles tighter than we thought possible. We were even riding up hills while navigating small rock ledges!

Everyone crashed at least once, but that is part of riding in the dirt. Once we got over our fear about that, things started clicking.

Brad ran an excellent class, and the pace was good for experienced street riders with little experience in the dirt. I went from being **** uncomfortable standing on the pegs to having it almost feel natural.
:clap: :rider: :sun:

Back