• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

MSF Dirt Bike Class

Robbo, were you two the ones at Uncle's with brand new Yamahas? I think I talked to your wife at the cafe before the challenge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, that was probably us :-). She was on a new TW200 that she had only put 45 street & 5 gravel road miles on before Uncle's. I was on a WR250R. We didn't do either of the challenges.... just putted around the park.

2arugary.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience necessary, sometimes it is easier to coack new riders than to break old bad habits of "experienced" riders, and we will try to put people with like skills together. Small classes make that easy.

I just want to say how much I enjoyed Brad’s class. I took it with my son that is 12 and a friend who is just starting to ride. There was eight total in the class at all skill levels. I thought Brad did a good job of keeping everyone engaged. The skill level change in my son was amazing from the beginning of the day to the end. My friend that took the class said that was the best money he spent in a long time. I got to practice skills I already knew with the benefit of a skilled person watching me and giving me feedback while doing the drills. If you are new or experienced and want to learn or brush up on skills Brad is good as gold.

Brad, I will be at Hidden Falls Adventure Park from Friday, May 30th through Sunday, June 1st. Any chance you can do a class there on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks in advance!

Brad, I think that would be fine!!! Friday or Saturday is good...let's set it up for Saturday May 31 at 0800 hrs, so we can get a few more students maybe. The class at Ghostrider Ranch had a full class of 8 and was so much more fun!!!

We will start a sign up now,so get your spot early...we had 3 in the waiting line that didn't get to take the class at Ghoastrider Ranch

Brad, I think that would be fine!!! Friday or Saturday is good...let's set it up for Saturday May 31 at 0800 hrs, so we can get a few more students maybe. The class at Ghostrider Ranch had a full class of 8 and was so much more fun!!!

We will start a sign up now,so get your spot early...we had 3 in the waiting line that didn't get to take the class at Ghoastrider Ranch

Let me know if you need Ghost Rancho:chug:

Sounds good. Just so happens I have a cabin that sleeps 8. Convenient right?

I will post up an invite for that trip today.

Dodi;

Class will be at Hidden Falls this time. For those that took the class at Ghost-rider Rancho...they know how good that site is...we will go there again. Dodi has a GREAT place for the school. We are also thinking of building an obstacle course. If anyone has ideas for obstacles send them to me so I can impress everyone on how smart I am!!!!

We will build a teeter board, an A frame out of telephone poles, a firewood pit, use old tires to set flat to crawl over...and to set them upright for a taller crawl. If you have or see a good idea let us know. ????Jumps????

I think UlyBrad is mending from his deer encounter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I haven't read any updates lately but assume he's still healing.

He did our class two weeks after the wreck. Heck he was even kick starting bikes because we were all weenies. ;)

Wow! Quick healer! Glad to hear it!

Forget about Chuck Norris. There are far better stories about Brad.

He was just in and planning on riding the Montana 1000 or something like that next month. He can't lift his left arm because of a torn rotator cuff but I doubt if that will slow him down any.

I hope to take his class in the fall.

Brad,

If we had a large enough group, would you ever consider doing a full class away from your home habitat? Say at someplace like Barnwell Mtn? If so, what size class would you need to make it worth your while?

I can only take 8 students at a time, so max class size is 8. I have taken the show on the road before...to ghoastranch outside gatesville. I am in trouble (just a little) with MSF for not prearranging the site. Before I was told I knew the best if a site was OK...now I need to take "proper Pictures", and get signed land holder OK BEFORE I can hold a class. I am not opposed to the idea of an alternate location...but...it would require a lot of prep work for a one shot class. I am in the process of getting the Ghoastranch set as an alternate because we go there 2 or 3 times a year.

On another note..there is another Dirt Bike school near Waco. I had the pleasure of exposing the coaches to another aspect of riding (as opposed to just street) I think they may be OK. GeoCenteral ???? Motorcycle school near waco.

I have a class for a 7 year old the week of the 7 th. I have no other classes booked yet. I will be going to Montana on July 19 and will be gone 2 pulse weeks, IF, my shoulder will allow. I still can't ride well enough to ride in public...left arm will not support my weight, or allow me to turn the bike. I have a helper to assist me with class, Denny is a MSF street coach so he knows what I need when I ask for something. He is NOT a dirt bike rider YET!!!! I work on it, he want's to be able to ride in Qutar this fall.

If you're doing a class in Texas this fall I want to take it.

Back