• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mum-mum-mum-mah 2021 Honda Trail 125

Congratulations. I looked at one at my local dealer. I really liked the helmet storage in the false gas tank. That is a really neat feature.
Frunk will not fit a 2x helmet but it makes a great storage for extra camp gear, water, batteries/charger and so on!

She is home!

290 miles...

Best: DCT, ergonomics.

Worst: Suspension: Honda has taken a huge step back by lowering the bike. I will have to sort it out.

Beautiful day for a ride. Sunshine through and through. Look at that beautiful sky:

View attachment 306716
The 2021 model is lower than the 2020. Why I have no ideal other than they were listening to every vertical challenged rider complaining about inseam hight!!

"Pocket protector of bikes"
"Dorky and practical"
"Dorky dad bike"
"Thoughtfully designed bike"

He doesn't sound like a fan, but he was doing his best to highlight the positives. I still dig the bike, but I'm also a big dad nerd, so that might factor in.

But I disagree with him on his list. If I was commuting primarily to work and such, the NC750X DCT would be the bike for that. Over the Multistrada for sure, over the big GS as well. So then its just down to the Versys 650, Tracer 9, Tiger Sport 850. I can see the Versys being on top because it has luggage. Maybe the same for the Tracer, but I'd put the DCT NC750 as #3 for sure, even over my beloved Tiger.

The NC750X DCT is just made to ride to work everyday. If it had more storage space for a laptop bag and/or gym bag by way of luggage, it would be #1 in my book as the go to work motorcycle.

I have the 2020 manual NC750X. For the price I have no issues. Could've had a better, seat, suspension, and larger front wheel. But for what honda was shooting for not bad. I don't care if a bike comes with bags. Most times not what I want.
Don't be afraid to rip it through Forest trails, gravel roads and some dual tracks. Keep in mind because of suspension clearance you will need to pay close attention to speed across some rough tracks but it will do it. I'm at 12,500 miles now and still twisting tha throttle from campsite to campsite! Load it up my friend and go!

Attachments

• 20211011_221824.jpg
    20211011_221824.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 124
"Pocket protector of bikes"
"Dorky and practical"
"Dorky dad bike"
"Thoughtfully designed bike"

He doesn't sound like a fan, but he was doing his best to highlight the positives. I still dig the bike, but I'm also a big dad nerd, so that might factor in.

But I disagree with him on his list. If I was commuting primarily to work and such, the NC750X DCT would be the bike for that. Over the Multistrada for sure, over the big GS as well. So then its just down to the Versys 650, Tracer 9, Tiger Sport 850. I can see the Versys being on top because it has luggage. Maybe the same for the Tracer, but I'd put the DCT NC750 as #3 for sure, even over my beloved Tiger.

The NC750X DCT is just made to ride to work everyday. If it had more storage space for a laptop bag and/or gym bag by way of luggage, it would be #1 in my book as the go to work motorcycle.
It's a utilitarian bike. Plain and simple. It's not pretty and it's not fast. It's not meant to be either. It's a UJM for the 21st century.

Zach hit it on the nose: practical. And given that his segment is the daily rider, I thought he would have ranked it higher than the Versys. DCT and frunk say so in my book.

I have the 2020 manual NC750X. For the price I have no issues. Could've had a better, seat, suspension, and larger front wheel. But for what honda was shooting for not bad. I don't care if a bike comes with bags. Most times not what I want.
Don't be afraid to rip it through Forest trails, gravel roads and some dual tracks. Keep in mind because of suspension clearance you will need to pay close attention to speed across some rough tracks but it will do it. I'm at 12,500 miles now and still twisting tha throttle from campsite to campsite! Load it up my friend and go!
Better seat, better suspension, better brakes and larger front wheel = X-ADV 750. They share the same frame/ engine. The X-ADV has a 17" front but has a 17/15 wheels combo.

Better seat, better suspension, better brakes and larger front wheel = X-ADV 750. They share the same frame/ engine. The X-ADV has a 17" front but has a 17/15 wheels combo.
I have heard of the X ADV also but it is hard to find available. 🙄

The case of the top case:

This is the top case on the Honda website:

FELgc6AXIAsTXTV?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

And this is my top case:

FELe7MkXEAAdm3I?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

You can see that my top case is missing the aluminum cover. As it turns out, the aluminum cover is a top case accessory and is an extra $80. Wow Honda! Really! And that is my gripe with the Honda top case. Otherwise, it's great. I love the locking mechanism:

If you want to attach/ detach the top case:

FELe-EXXEA0jjrD?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

And if you want to open it:

FELfANCX0AkkmJQ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FYI a Honda NC 750 DCT... hard to find with automatics.

Cycle Center of Denton has a used 2019 for $8900.

Attachments

• NC750.jpg
    NC750.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 113
"Cycle Center of Denton has a used 2019 for $8900."

It's definitely a sellers market. That's a three year old bike for the price of a new one.

Very nice, I just got a 2021 standard a couple of weeks ago. Much improved over the 2014 I had. The seat is actually comfortable!!! And the throttle by wire is fantastic!! I'll post a pic when I can.

It's a utilitarian bike. Plain and simple. It's not pretty and it's not fast. It's not meant to be either. It's a UJM for the 21st century.

Zach hit it on the nose: practical. And given that his segment is the daily rider, I thought he would have ranked it higher than the Versys. DCT and frunk say so in my book.

I got the feeling since those other bikes come stock with side luggage, that might have given them the nod. That and he just has a weird fetish with the Versys.

Back