• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Murder Hornet?

Reaction score
Got back from a little ride on Eli and found this🤔 20200809_112208.jpg

OMG, is it a MURDER HORNET? Got in touch with CNN & FOX NEWS to get an answer.20200809_112234.jpg

Glad I had on Under Armor foot gear.

Carry On

Possibly a what?
But I'm sure it IDENTIFIES as a "Murder Hornet"... 🤔 We have a lot of undesirables crossing the Border down here including Aggressive Dragon Flys🤨
Would anyone read a post about a Dragon Fly or a coin shortage, I think not... Trot out a Murder Hornet or Butterfly and you have material that will make The View...

I was in the local hardware store the other day and a lady was wanting a spray to kill the Murder Hornet. She said she had them last year and couldn’t remember what she used.

I murdered this at my homestead. I think they have holes in the ground which burrow straight to ****, The are amassing for the word from their dumb god, ATAK!!!

I don't have a square to measure my HORNET... Plus it's a lot shorter after he met with my shoe... First day out riding since quarantine and this HORNET tries to take me out... Antenna folded back blood in his eyes me tucked in on that left hand sweeper, BAM Hornet guts on my Under Armours...

Once had an infestation at my place near Springtown. Looked the same. Cicada killers. Borrows all over the yard. Hundreds, maybe thousands of them. Totally harmless, according to Soozy's uncle, who taught entomology on a university level. Females do have a wicked stinger and potent venom. They sting cicadas, crawl over them, grab hold, and fly the cicadas back to the borrow. Then eggs are laid inside the stunned cicadas, and when the eggs hatch, the babies eat the cicadas. Note, the females have stingers and venom, but are totally nonaggressive. Males are very territorial but lack any form of weaponry to back up there threatening behaviors--all buzz and no sting. Once I found out how harmless I merely wandered about amongst them, just to blow ignorant people's minds. They did a nice job loosening the hard dry soils in the yard and allowed significant penetration when raining or watering. Anywho, if they really bother you a badminton or tennis racket makes short work of them.

Just a note, when cicada killers fill the skies watch where you step--lots of Texas is home to brown tarantulas who wander the ground seeking mates at the same time. Don't worry, they are not really aggressive towards humans, and not all that big, only 4-6 inches across the toes. They do have fangs and venom but are not aggressive unless you pester them. Feels about like a bee sting, not nearly as bad as rearending a female cicada killer at 45mph.

Last edited:
Cicada killer - don't hurt'em they kill those ^&%(#& bugs that screech the in the trees

We called them cicada hawks growing up.
Beneficial critter like mud dobbers who round up spiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

, if they really bother you a badminton or tennis racket makes short work of them.

One of those battery powered electric zapping rackets would make that chore mo fun.

(I’m joking, I’m usually have a live and let live ‘tude.)

Will they sting ? Will it hurt? :)

Kinda like the mud dobber you got to be real persistent to get stung by one, I can’t remember ever hearing of someone get stung by one. Their sting is for getting the kids food not fighting and I don’t know if it would even sting,it paralyzes the victim bug.

A interesting bit of info.

Although they appear to attack anything that moves near their territories, male cicada killers are actually investigating anything that might be a female cicada killer ready to mate. Such close inspection appears to many people to be an attack, but male and female cicada killers do not land on people with the intent to sting. If handled roughly, females will sting, and males will jab with a sharp spine on the tip of their abdomen. Both sexes are well equipped to bite, as they have large jaws, but they do not appear to grasp human skin and bite. They are generally not aggressive towards humans and usually fly away when swatted at, rather than attacking.

So if one is flying around in your face it’s just a really near sighted male looking for a good time.

I murdered this at my homestead. I think they have holes in the ground which burrow straight to ****, The are amassing for the word from their dumb god, ATAK!!! View attachment 270774

View attachment 270775

Cicada Killers. They will paralyze a cicada and implant an egg/larva in it and bury it. The young feeds on the cicada. They fly low to the ground mostly while looking for cicadas. Only the female can sting and they are not aggressive to humans and you'd really have to piss it off for it to even try to sting you. I've had them fly all around my legs as I tried to photograph them.

I murdered this at my homestead. I think they have holes in the ground which burrow straight to ****, The are amassing for the word from their dumb god, ATAK!!! View attachment 270774

View attachment 270775
Those things are cool, I call them " assassin wasps ". You can watch them and they will fly and latch onto and sting those cicadas in midair(as they scream in Terror) then take them down in their holes , and I assume lay their eggs inside their bodies.

Cicada Killers. They will paralyze a cicada and implant an egg/larva in it and bury it. The young feeds on the cicada. They fly low to the ground mostly while looking for cicadas. Only the female can sting and they are not aggressive to humans and you'd really have to piss it off for it to even try to sting you. I've had them fly all around my legs as I tried to photograph them.
I won't murder another one. They are part of ... IT!

What I do best🤣
Couple a days of humor hopefully everyone smiled a little, spit a little coffee on the screen or at least forgot some of the drama in our lives that's presently bumming everyone out🤔... On the plus side learned about that blasted Murder Hornet that attacked my shoe and layed eggs in it 😖
Carry On

Back