• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Murphy’s Steakhouse in Winchester, TX on Sat’ Jan 4th 2020

I found out yesterday that I've been voluntold to go to Houston to get final preparations done before my stepdaughters wedding the following Saturday so won't be going to Winchester on the 4th.

Enjoy, always a good place.

Great way to start off the new year of riding. Count me in.

I am planning to ride out from Conroe. Any other riders want to ride out?

Will be on the Super Tenere.

Not playing on dirt yet. Still running street tires. So pavement it good to me.

Wolfen, I believe I have done a ride or 2 with you on the Dr.?

Not playing on dirt yet. Still running street tires. So pavement it good to me.

Wolfen, I believe I have done a ride or 2 with you on the Dr.?
My Twin is still on the stock street tires too. I figure some easy dirt and gravel roads won't be an issue. No crash bars yet either, so I'll be taking it easy. Plenty of paved roads to bail out on to as well.

You may have been along with me before. I've been out of organized rides for just over a year from a wreck. I've been riding some, but I've been a bit short of endurance to put on proper rides.

Well, the great niece has a birthday around the holidays and it ended up taking up this day. Y'all enjoy easy, on the beans!!:eek2:

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it James. Take it easy on the cake. :)

I'll see if I can make it. I'll post up later with a more firm in/out...

My Twin is still on the stock street tires too. I figure some easy dirt and gravel roads won't be an issue. No crash bars yet either, so I'll be taking it easy. Plenty of paved roads to bail out on to as well.

You may have been along with me before. I've been out of organized rides for just over a year from a wreck. I've been riding some, but I've been a bit short of endurance to put on proper rides.

Let me see I may have one more riding out with me that's not on here. He's on a Ducati monster. If he goes I will stick to pavement. Otherwise I would be up to dirt if you are running street tires as well.

Let me see I may have one more riding out with me that's not on here. He's on a Ducati monster. If he goes I will stick to pavement. Otherwise I would be up to dirt if you are running street tires as well.
Let me know.

I'm putting together a plan in the West Houston DS thread to meet in Bellville and go from there. I'd be happy to meet you in Cypress or Waller and bring you along.

Are the Houston folks going to Meetup somewhere? Time and place would be helpful.

Are the Houston folks going to Meetup somewhere? Time and place would be helpful.
Not sure what got ride, but we've got a dual sport/adventure style ride planned. The West Houston Dual Sport thread has the GPX files and a couple meetup options posted.

I am riding pavement out of Conroe. Should have at least one more with me. No set plans on route so open if anymore want to group ride out.

I am riding pavement out of Conroe. Should have at least one more with me. No set plans on route so open if anymore want to group ride out.

I also am riding out of Conroe. I have a route planned starting at the Whataburger on 1097, but I can adjust as necessary.
1hhjm0CqDJmk-KOFXoYxCy8xu1U0ghen7WGZI=w481-h316-no.jpg

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2019Murphys.gdb
    122.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 2019Murphys.gpx
    289.1 KB · Views: 176
I found out yesterday that I've been voluntold to go to Houston to get final preparations done before my stepdaughters wedding the following Saturday so won't be going to Winchester on the 4th.

Enjoy, always a good place.

bummer

Just a nudge to remind y'all of the first RTE for the new DECADE this Saturday. You'll have to wait another ten years...

Weather looks like it will be cool but sunny so a good day for a ride!

Hope to see you there...

Back