• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Musings about 2-Wheel Social Distancing

I don't understand what she is saying, she is calling that Himalayan motorcycle, "the know" ? Huh?

The name of her bike is DHANNO ('da no'), not sure of the meaning. It's actually stenciled on the top of her tank. Her original Triumph Himalayan was called BASANTI. She bought Basanti in India, when she began her RTW. But, because she bought Basanti in India, she could not get it registered in the Netherlands, since there was no Euro4 compliance documentation. She had to have it registered, in her name, to begin her South American journey. Mother Triumph wasn't willing to give her the compliance documentation. But some dealership in the Netherlands stepped up and GAVE her a brand new Himalayan, Dhanno, in exchange for Basanti.

Probably more than you wanted 'da no'. :)

Last edited:
Not to mention her friends/patrons then stepped in and gave Dhanno a completely custom paint job!

Cute pronunciations
The ne de lens :D ( the Netherlands). Him mal ean. ( Himalayan)

How many km did Basanti have on it I wonder. Pretty great deal for her!

Last edited:
I've been all but kicked off this site for posting months ago the propaganda you guys are spilling now. Try to keep up, okay.

Yes, she is cute. Wish I had the $$$ for such a ride, but even now, I'm still working 70+ hours a week while millions of others will get paid more than they earned while sitting at home playing on the internet. So, I'm supposed to respect whom? Just remember, politician's actions are far from what Jesus would actually do. Politicians are supposed to be servants of all the citizens, not just of the politicians' social and demographic groups.

Anywho, my next cage will have electronics no more complex than the an ignition free of points and condenser, and my cell phone is the cheapest featureless available and will go in the trash when I retire. Not exactly convenient, but my business is my business, not the crooked politicians' nor their paid off, unelected beauracrats who steal for pay. And, if I owned any firearms, they would be home built from unregistered parts.

But, she is really cute.

Last edited:
I've been all but kicked off this site for posting months ago the propaganda you guys are spilling now. Try to keep up, okay.

Yes, she is cute. Wish I had the $$$ for such a ride, but even now, I'm still working 70+ hours a week while millions of others will get paid more than they earned while sitting at home playing on the internet. So, I'm supposed to respect whom? Just remember, politician's actions are far from what Jesus would actually do. Politicians are supposed to be servants of all the citizens, not just of the politicians' social and demographic groups.

Anywho, my next cage will have electronics no more complex than the an ignition free of points and condenser, and my cell phone is the cheapest featureless available and will go in the trash when I retire. Not exactly convenient, but my business is my business, not the crooked politicians' nor their paid off, unelected beauracrats who steal for pay. And, if I owned any firearms, they would be home built from unregistered parts.

But, she is really cute.

I understand your frustration but you are looking at this from the standpoint of adding it on to all the responsibilities you have now. That ride is something to be best enjoyed when young. I did it when I was much older and much more entangled. For that reason it was difficult. She doesn't have a house, she doesn't have a car, she isn't married and doesn't have kids. It seems about the only thing she owns is that motorcycle and the main expense is the trip itself. Given what she is doing, where she's staying, the distances she's traveling, I would guess she is getting by on $100/day.

By giving up every expense you have today, could you afford $36,000 a year to travel around the world on a motorcycle. I could probably scrape together a couple years worth of travel, especially if I sold everything I have, dumped my wife and disowned my kids. But, I certainly don't begrudge others for the decisions I have made. And I don't mind living vicariously through other peoples adventures.

As far as politics goes, well that's another story.

No, kdh is just mad, as in crazy, not angry. kdh never gets angry mad, he just points and laughs. Of course, all those who will get bonused for staying home while I could be out riding but instead have to work, that's another story. Those are the ones who deserve to be madded at. Not the cutie riding around the world. Wish her the best.

Back