• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mustang Motorcycles!

oldman

Reaction score
Here is my 1957 Mustang Model 8 Special, my brother and I build this using as many OEM parts that we could, My brother won 1st in class at the Mustang Nationals, along with another bike he and I built at the same time, a 1963 Thoroughbred, it won 1st place also, a month later he died of cancer, so I inherited it mostly because he and I built it form a pile of junk, I have another Mustang in process of restoration, a 1964 Red Thoroughbred, it's sitting in the Speed Cave Racing Museum in Axtel Texas. Miss You Bro!

IMG_5388.JPG

Before restoration

IMG_5343.JPG

The Thoroughbred
phone 439.JPG

Very cool.
I think I recall seeing at least one Mustang at the Barber Moto Museum too.

You wont see a nicer Mustang....really cool that a friend of mine can say he was a part of that build. Although the sad part of loosing a family member is hard to take

Beautiful bike

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. Cool bike. Where do you find NOS parts for something like that?

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. Cool bike. Where do you find NOS parts for something like that?
several places,there's a Mustang Shop in Wills Point Texas, he does engine work and parts, and there's several places on the west coast, since they were built in Glendale California seems to be parts out west.

pretty cool story behing my brothers thoroughbred, was bought at Roy Stones Mustang shop in Waco, many years later my brother saw the frame hanging on the wall at Bennies Hog Shed in Waco, only several blocks from it's original purchase place, my bro ask Bennie about it and bought it and a box of parts, so you can see the hours of work and money that went into that one!

you guys that have the patience and skill to do this amaze me as I possess neither. Beautiful Mustang.

Back