• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Bandit 1250 S/AK7 is finished

As much as I love your work, useful advice and wonderful aftermarket parts, you always make me feel like my bike is a dirty old pig! ;-) :rofl:

Whoa! that is sweet MM. You make us proud. That took some time and thought your truly a craftsman. Thanks for sharing!

;-)

Thanks Carey.

The blue crimp on spade connector are a very good brand that I've been using for years, and I've never had any problems with them as far as corrosion as I always apply a little dielectric grease to the terminals, I also always twist the wires and solder the ends before inserting them into the connectors and crimping them, and as far as sealing them up where the wires go into the connectors with shrink tubing, the connectors are still open on the other end, and it's behind the side cover as well protected from the elements. ;-)

Thorough as always! I found some here the other day that crimp on, then you heat them and they heatshrink on as well. They have dielectric grease already in them. Very cool

Thanks everyone for all of the kind comments, and I'm doing a few more changes by powder coating a few small parts that are no semi gloss black in the charcoal grey color today.

I'm going to install the DL1000 hand guards back on that I bought along with the custom handle bar ends and some new collet type solid internal expander's that I designed up to get rid of the rotational flexing that you get from the stock rubber bar end expander's, and they make the hand guards rock solid and take some pictures of them and post them up and which really work great in cold weather, and reall change the look of the bike. :rider:

We all know its never finished, so how about some round mirrors to go with the round guages.
IMG_0006_zps57fda7a6.jpg

You and i should get a 2 for 1 deal on all parts we buy . .I use mine when i go south (cold) .The last time i didnt fit them ,big mistake .
IMG_4298-1_zpsfc0ca9d2.jpg

Yes it gets cold .
(old Pic)
DSCF0328_zpsd6f0f967.jpg

Hi everyone.

I’ve done quite a few small to medium mods to my 1250 since I completed the naked conversion on it, and one of them was redesigning my forward foot peg mounts, as even though my forward foot peg mounts worked great, I thought that they would feel even better if I raised them up a little, so I redesigned the mounts to raise them up 25 mm, I personally like the way the feel of them in the higher position compared to before, plus it gives the pegs a lot more ground clearance, even though that had not ever been a problem.

So after initially redesigning the forward foot peg mounts I sell on my website and testing them out on my 1250, I decided that would make me up some special custom mounts for it. This involved making a one piece overlay mount for the right side that that is the same shape as the right mid motor mount bracket, and for, the left side I ended up making another one of my raised shift lever / motor mount brackets to accept a special bolt on mount for the foot peg adapter.

003_zps6cd32854.jpg

005_zps66fab676.jpg

007_zps75dd6723.jpg

012_zpsd078fb29.jpg

013_zps5c4eda50.jpg

014_zps12d492c5.jpg

Another thing I did was to re-powder coat my handle bars, end caps and gas cap trim ring in the same dark charcoal grey that I have applied to the other small areas on my bike replacing the silver metallic sparkle powder coat. I also machined up some new fixed angle mirror mounts to replace the adjustable ones I first made, which allowed me to lower the mirrors 25 mm which really looks nice and brings the tops of the mirrors down level with the top of the wind screen.

028_zps63c7347c.jpg

041_zps4ff362df.jpg

038_zpsf3a53df6.jpg

Wow! It just keeps getting better and better. Great work, as usual. Thanks for showing all this time and work to us.

Bandit 1250S to streetfighter conversion

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide a post detailing my naked/Streetfighter conversion of my 07 Bandit 1250S since MetrickMetal’s did such a good job laying out his conversion.

Still a work in progress but here is where I am currently. (Link to photos at bottom)

Started out with a very clean 1250S w/ a holeshot and a Yoshimura on it. 15K Miles.

Removed the front and side fairings, windscreen and dash pieces. Removed the frame extension support for the fairings. At that point I was left with a total mess as the EVAP canister/Control valve unit was all outside of the bike within the fairings as well as a lot of very ugly wiring. I purchased the EVAP and PAIR system removal kits from MetrickMetal’s and did away with it all. As others have said, this cleans a tons of junk out of the bike making the engine compartment a much more open space. This is not the easiest mod if you’re not familiar with these systems. One of the bigger issues is the speedo cluster covers. I kept the original speedo but had to order an interior and exterior back cover for it from MSP in the Netherlands for the “N” model they sell overseas. I also ordered frame neck covers from there as well. The speedo covers I ordered had to be modified in the area where the plug connects. It’s a different shaped knock out on the N model. Waterproofed that area after I cut it out. Mounted the speedo cluster on the bike with a bracket I ordered from overseas as well. I ordered a cheap headlight bracket for the forks to install a 7” LED daymaker with a halo and turn signals. I install an H7 hi,H7 low to single H4 with a relay for the new headlight. I installed a handlebar mounted on/off switch as well so that I have the option to run the halo (DRL) alone as it’s super bright. More for play tho as I always drive with my hi beams on during the day and lows at night. This is a huge implement over the stock headlight. I had a tough time seeing the road at night with the bandit stock set up. I had to pull all of the wiring back into the bike, heat wrap, and strap it all to clean thing up, only allow the bare min to peak out to thief connections. I did a slight mod to the tail underneath to clean it up a bit but still need to move the lic plate. All in all it took me about 3 weeks but mostly bc I was working on it a few nights per week after work in my driveway so it can be done faster. There were a lot of little things along the way that needed to be done to make things fit properly or hide them better.

I have small list of things I plan to do next which include a racing stripe I’m likely doing today (blue over my black bike), rally numbers on the tank in place of the Suzuki “S” emblem, and handle bar risers. I’ve order a gel pad and some memory foam to insert into the seat as the stock seat kills starts to kill me after about 90 mins on the road. Going to upgrade the brake pads and eventually install SS brake/clutch lines. I’m going to install a phone charger so I can use my navigation more often w/o worrying about being stranded with a dead phone. I’m also going to upgrade the headlight mounting bracket when I get the money. Here’s a link to some pictures of the bike. A couple of before and a lot of afters. I received some help on this conversion from MetrickMetal via a phone call to answer questions on the PAir removal as well as parts numbers for some of the overseas stuff I needed. The Bandit community is alive and well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/85KbW4eJR3NV9L4j9

Back