• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My BMW RT had a virus

skup

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Skupnjak
My 2019 Rt was infected with a virus on the Bluetooth connection from the phone to the bike. It appears last year on a ride in Arkansas on Halloween day the phone picked up a Bluetooth connection that would broadcast a strange witches chant that would come on my helmet ear speakers every once in a while. This occurred only on the Bluetooth connection to the bike. No other speakers that are connected (like my car) to the phone were impacted. The phone is connected to the bike than to the GPS and than to the helmet speakers. I finally deleted all the connections and reconnected everything and was able to eliminate the chants. It appears you can pick up phone software viruses over the air through your open Bluetooth connection. Correct Bluetooth social distancing is required also now! I was not aware but I will make sure my phones Bluetooth is not open for connection.

Back