• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Buddy Froggy

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Saw this frog several times in the dewberry vines lining the fence next to my garage drive. Just had to see if I could do him or her justice with a picture.

Froggymybuddy.jpg

Camera make
SONY
Camera model
SLT-A57
Date/Time
2013:11:06 18:24:25
Resolution
4928 x 3276
Flash used
No (auto)
Focal length
250.0mm (35mm equivalent: 375mm)
Exposure time
0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture
f/6.3
ISO equiv.
Whitebalance
Auto
Metering Mode
pattern
Exposure
program (auto)
- See more at: http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ac...uddy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#sthash.9EaWwP7P.dpuf

The title led me to think something bad had happened to a friend of yours.
Glad it was a froggy story!

I problem I have not been able to solve yet is to get the EXIF data to show in my photos though photobucket. They used to before the last upgrade. I've been though everything I can think of and can't find a way to get it to show unless I set at Original Size. Then it's a giant giant photo that you can't even think of using , but, has the Data embedded so it shows.

If it were my photo and I had all those megapixels to play with I'd be cropping the ever-loving ribbet out of it.... make the frog the main subject rather than a small piece of the puzzle.

Or get closer... :ponder:

Nice pic but the first thing that popped into my head was Harvey Corman as Hedley Lamar in Blazzing Saddles. You know the part of the movie of which I speak.....?

I dunno how acceptable this is for this board... but it IS Blazing Saddles which makes it questionable for most places in public...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXckKwBRb0"]Hedley Lamarr Wants His Froggy - YouTube[/ame]

If it were my photo and I had all those megapixels to play with I'd be cropping the ever-loving ribbet out of it.... make the frog the main subject rather than a small piece of the puzzle.

Or get closer... :ponder:

Froggy was in the middle of a pretty heavy Dewberry bush. I was probably about 4 feet from him on full zoom with the 18/250 Sonysal lens and doing 3 shot bursts to attempt a clear enough picture. I want to show that he was in the middle of his habutant with the DOF blurring to the front and rear.

1015329_10200336478320596_1813853468_o.jpg

The place where froggy lives. This was taken in the early spring when the berries were just coming out. The bush is about twice as big and thick now.

tender frog skin amongst all those thorns...

reminds me of that saying you see here and there....

"Don't squat with yer spurs on!"

Back