• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saw off that license plate bracket now before it snaps off.

Oh, and put a little spacer down at the bottom of that side panel before you melt it with the exhaust.

Everyone told me that my husky 501 license plate bracket would break off too, but I have a couple of years of hard riding without a single issue from it.

I have a nice hard plastic one piece skid plate that also covers the linkage so you can drag away on stumps or rocks without damage.

Great looking bike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't get any better than that. Perty bike.
A bunch of us are headed to Barnwell Mountain Sunday if you want to get it dirty!

If you decide to go to red river Beware that red necks with paychecks is going on in St Jo and when I left yesterday the place was almost full with SXSs

... Beware that red necks with paychecks is going on in St Jo...
I'm really glad they choose to do this stuff in the summer when it is stupid hot. Leave the fall/winter/spring for the rest of us.

Also remember: RRMC is closed for the month of July.

Yes it is closed for July. The dirt in Bills woods yesterday was Hero dirt. We’re going back Tuesday for a last ride. The red trail was epic as well.

Lots of folks flying down the roads with a beer in one hand and possibly the other hand on the wheel (no guarantees) and some really Loud music. Intoxication is probable and common sense and intelligence are not. That said I know a lot of folks that go to have clean fun, are polite and don't drink and drive. If you want to go message me and I'll call Rebecca and ask her what its like on a given day.

I talked to Rebecca and she said the police were giving everyone a tough time and many were leaving going to her place. She said I might want to wait until Mon or Tue. So, Tue it is. Anyone that wants to go let me know I’ll put you in as my guest. Have a great weekend

No as long as you hand signal you are legal.

If a motorcycle doesn't need blinkers to pass inspection, will a cop pull you over and write a ticket because one is missing?

“Defective equipment“ if I was behind you. If you have it, it has to work. But I was a traffic guy so most wouldn’t bother you.

i got a real nice set of slim plug n play led blinkers on Rottweiler Performance.

2019-honda-crf450l-review-1.jpg

2020 Honda CRF450L Claimed Specifications
Price$10,399
EngineLiquid-cooled SOHC single-cylinder
Displacement449cc
Bore x Stroke96.0 x 62.1mm
HorsepowerN/A
TorqueN/A
Transmission6-speed
Final DriveChain
Seat Height37.1 in.
Rake28.3°
Trail4.6 in.
Front Suspension49mm inverted Showa coil-spring fork, adjustable compression and rebound damping; 12.0-in. travel
Rear SuspensionPro-Link, single Showa shock, fully adjustable; 12.4-in. travel
Front Tire80/100-21
Rear Tire120/80-18
Wheelbase58.9 in.
Fuel Capacity2.0 gal.
Claimed Wet Weight289 lb.

Husqvarna Fe 450 Manufacturer Claimed Specifications
Price$10,099
EngineLiquid-cooled, SOHC, single-cylinder
Displacement449.9cc
Bore x Stroke95.0mm x 63.4mm
HorsepowerN/A
TorqueN/A
Transmission5-speed
Final DriveChain
Seat Height37.4 in.
Rake26.1°
TrailN/A
Front Suspension48mm fully adjustable; 12.2-in. travel
Rear SuspensionFully adjustable; 11.8-in. travel
Front Tire80/100-21
Rear Tire120/80-19
Wheelbase58.5 in.
Fuel Capacity1.9 gal.
Claimed Dry Weight223 lb.

Last edited:
Looks like the Husky fuel tank is a little lower slung then the Honda which may be beneficial. They both look pretty equal in specifications.

I think I would prefer the Japanese, I know ,I know , well put your money up big boy :lol2: and shut up.

Back