• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My new favorite road

Recently made a trip to Arizona to see the grand kids and found a killer road that several members had told me about before. Arizona 191 is a superb paved road. Sadly had to drive instead of riding but this road is excellent.:tears: Curve after curve after curve. Even some beautiful snow right off of it near Alpine,AZ. Cannot wait to ride it hopefully next year when it is warmer. I believe it is the curviest road that I have ever been on. Got to see several vintage Norton's riding near a look out point. If you ever get the opportunity to ride it do not hesitate, you will not regret it.:rider: I will see if I can get some pictures posted later to show you.:photo: Eager on south is sweet right about the end there is some road construction so be careful thru there but all in all the road is super curvy with switch backs and too many turns to count.
I used to live in AZ and at one time 191 was numbered 666 and we called it the beast. AMR in Tucson had a Fathers Day ride up to Hannigans Meadow for an over nighter. Then on to Alpine for breakfast the next day. Very little traffic but keep your eyes open for people crossing the center line on a blind corner.

Back