• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My New Ride

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R with only 1,600 miles on the ODO.

609A1177.jpg

I have had the itch for a sport bike for a while. I will likely put the Tiger up for sale soon. Keeping the DRZ for dual sport rides.

Luv luv luv that triple! Smooooth. :clap:

Sharp looking bike! Good times ahead for sure, makes me long for my Speed Four that I had a few years back.

Great looking bike, congratulations.

Oh my! I think I'm in love! That is so beautiful............... Very nice..

Had an '09 Blazing Orange Speed Triple. Great bike. Really love the look of that 'R'. Congrats.

That is one sweet ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big change from the other Triumph. What do you like about it compared to the your dual sport model?

Big change from the other Triumph. What do you like about it compared to the your dual sport model?

My history is with sport bikes. I just got the itch for something sporty and powerful again. Keeping the DRZ for dual sporting. :)

First mods. Fly screen and tank bag. I always wanted one of these bags that attach to a gas cap mount. No more messing up my paint.

11ff0222db00d6dde8888295f90771e3.jpg

The screen really is just for looks. Not very functional but at least the wind is clean with no turbulence or buffeting.

86278b142caf015e2d26cdd5a9571c09.jpg

777fe33d58c52071e26b265a61a1420a.jpg

I bet that screen does more than you might think. Get used to it and then take it off. You might be surprised.

Last edited:
My screen was just a little bigger, but, yeah, after a day of riding, it made a big difference.

Have you considered bar end mirrors?

My screen was just a little bigger, but, yeah, after a day of riding, it made a big difference.

Have you considered bar end mirrors?

I never liked the idea of bar end mirrors just because it is that much farther you have to look away from the road. That being said I have a bunch of friends trying to convince me of it. I will probably get a super cheap eBay set just to see if I like it or not.

I liked the way they cleaned up the look of the bike over the OEM mirrors. Mine were on short stalks and adjusted right, I didn't ever have a problem with feeling like I had a good view.

Attachments

• 20090816_965.jpg
    20090816_965.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 281
Back