• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Ride Into Oblivion.

How the heck did I miss this post?

You're not the only one. And I thought I had a friend who would keep me informed ...... you know who you are...:shame:

Hope your adventure is great. :pilot: How exciting for you to be able to do this. Looking forward to see pics & hearing about your trip. :sun: Be safe.

FYI - He does not like camping when its 29 in the morning
Pffttt.... If I can do it, in snow, ice and wind, he can.
Not that I *liked* it........ ;-)

I'm glad he's going to Moab. I wish I could see his face and his reactions there. I love those canyons.

Oh, and tell him I have an ADV collective decal for him; it finally arrived.
And that we miss him. :mrgreen:

Bill, I hope you are having a great time (another "how the heck did I miss this thread guy")!

I totally missed this thread. I had to see the man himself face-to-face before I knew he was even on the road. :giveup: I've been working too much - need to get my priorities straight. :doh:

Pointed him north around 1pm. He had a few things planned for the ride back, but should be home later tonight.

He posted in the weather thread griping about running parallel to the storm edge and houston drivers.

He was in Houston? How lost did he get? :-P

He called from out in Sonora and had to decide if he was going to split north for home or stay on 10 for Houston. :trust:

Thing is, he really didn't think he was going to be coming this way so he didn't bother loading the Houston area in his GPS! :lol2:

Well.... the ride is officially over. I pulled into the driveway at 9:45 tonight. After leaving Houston I just didn't want it to be over just yet so I swung over to Hillsboro for some dinner with a friend, and then I decided to go crash a Tuesday Meet and Greet since I crashed a Monday one in Houston yesterday.

Here's some of the quick facts so far....

• 8 days
  • 3867.7 miles
  • Longest day was 725 miles (16 hours), the shortest day was 40 miles
  • Chain and sprockets are toast
  • Front tire is toast
  • Rear tire had a plug fail and needed repair
  • Need an oil change
  • Heated grips shorted out in the 300 miles of downpour
  • My boots are still wet two days later
  • Speed limits...what speed limits? Hellllllooooooo Mr. Speeding Ticket.
  • I dropped the bike in Plateau, TX
  • Rode through 300 miles of the worst weather in my life (Houston drivers suck)
  • Froze every single night except one while camping
  • Found out that nothing I have works well in 20 degree weather

And despite all that, this was the most memorable trip I've ever had on two wheels in my 23 years of riding motorcycles. I'll start on a proper ride report tomorrow once I get some sleep in me.

But for now I'll leave you with the image of what I saw when I stepped in my door tonight. I think they were happy to see Daddy come home.
image109.jpg

He's back in Tarrant County - confirmed sighting tonight...

Yawn. You again? You're such an attention junkie... ;-)

It's good to have you home Bill. I have often thought about carrying an electric throw with me and camping in a space that has electricity. I can stand too hot, but I can not stand to be even the slightest bit cool or cold. I feel for you having to sleep on those cold nights. Better luck next trip.
:sun:

Have fun when you get back in the office.. I was there for about 5 hrs on Monday.. all new people.. guess I need to get there more then a few hrs a month.. lol..

Rode through 300 miles of the worst weather in my life (Houston drivers suck)

and just what, Dick Tracy, was your first clue??:eek2:
Welcome back.

Back