• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My side projects.

Reaction score
I picked these up back in August and I think I'm gonna start workin on them this weekend.

Honda CL70

Good: Well it is there. LOL A lot more stuff on ebay for them. Found some websites that sell parts, tires and modified engines. Already bought new carb.

Bad: I hope the forks aren't rusted up. Needs new cables, pretty much anything made of rubber (ex: gas tank pads, tires), needs chain, some wires need to be redone, needs battery, engine condition unknown.

Hondamoped1Small.jpg

HondaMoped3Small.jpg

HondaMoped2Small.jpg

Hondamoped4Small.jpg

Yamaha YG1

Good: I can feel the piston move with the kick start. Clutch cable works.

Bad: Pretty much the same as the Honda. This is why you dont leave things out in the open. Bent handle bar

Yamahamoped1Small.jpg

Yamahamoped2Small.jpg

Yamahamopded3Small.jpg

The Honda is a 4 stroke and the Yammy is a 2 stroke with oiler. I plan on working on the Honda first cause my other bike is a Honda. LOL I want to have at least one engine running in a month.

I have to clear out some stuff in the garage like tires and a cherry picker. Those seem to take up a lot of space. :lol2:

A red '72 CL70 was my first motorcycle...sniff

Where are you finding these? I have looked all around for a 70 or a passport to bring back from the dead. Seems most have been cremated.

Got them from a lady when we were working on her house. She says she kept meaning to scrap them.

The piston on the YG1 actually moves so hopefully with a few wires being replaced I'm hoping she'll start.

Now the Honda didnt have the carb attached so I'm fearing the worst.

I need to find out what years they are. I know the honda is a K1 or K2 model. The yammy I just know its early 60's.

Started working on the CL70. So far so good. I can only test mechanical stuff since the wire harness is a little cut up and I dont have a working 6v battery for it.

Got the piston to move with the kick start and sounds good. Got a list of things I need to order.

I'll upload some pics in a sec.

Well this is what I got done today. Not much but I know what I need to order for now. Even though the fork boots pretty much fell off and there was a ton of oil/dirt, the tubes look good.

She's so dirty.

HondaCL70003Small.jpg

HondaCL70004Small.jpg

HondaCL70006Small.jpg

HondaCL70008Small.jpg

HondaCL70009Small.jpg

HondaCL70010Small.jpg

HondaCL70011Small.jpg

Got the petcock, seals, gas tank rubbers, and spark plug cap. No battery or coil. I'm just gonna see if it'll start without power. Im sure it will.

Still dont know how the petcock installs.

NewCL70stuff1Large.jpg

Old petcock

Oldpetcock1Large.jpg

New petcock

Newpetcock1Large.jpg

Figured out how the petcock comes off. You unscrew the bowl, then take out the screen. There's a screw there. Duh! :doh:

Back