• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Myler Radiator service - would definitely use again…

Reaction score
First Name
David
I’m writing to share my experience with Myler Radiator service. They specialize in motorcycle radiators. Spoiler alert, this is a positive review.

Background: I was riding my ‘21 Yamaha MT-09sp (“sp” i think means “special package” but in this case it means “still parked”) on a Tuesday afternoon and I stopped to look at a building. When I returned to the bike, there was a puddle of coolant on the ground under the bike and more was dripping into the puddle. Ugh. Trailer the bike to the shop. The diagnosis was something hit the radiator and pushed it back into the fan and the fan cut the radiator. I ordered a new radiator, but they were back ordered and so I was wondering if I could have it repaired. I took it to a local shop and the owner and sole employee attempted to fix it, but instead made a mess of it.

So @Simmons1 told me about Myler. I packaged the now completely boogered radiator and mailed it to Utah. Yesterday I got this text message:

“David,
This is Terry with Myler’s radiators. This would have been an easy fix for me if someone else hadn’t tried to repair it. I spent 2 hours on this radiator, but like I said, the guy that attempted to repair it, ruined it. It’s basically garbage.
Sorry
Terry Myler
Myler’s Radiators”

I offered to compensate him for his time since I had taken it to the other guy. Here is the reply I got from them today:

“We weren’t able to repair this radiator for you, ( we have a motto here, if we can’t fix it we are not going to charge you ) unlike some business , who charge you regardless. Anyway, would you like this sent back, or do you want us to scrap it. There would be a charge to ship it back. We would ship it as inexpensive as possible.

Julie Myler
Myler’s”

So while they couldn’t fix the mess I partially made, at least they were good to do business with.

The moral of the story is take it to the good guys first!

Myler has an excellent reputation and from what I can tell it is well deserved.

Pictures:

46D92736-F6AC-432B-B128-B40E5A2A1F46.jpeg

+1 for Myler.
I crushed my DRZ400 radiator a few years ago. They made it look like factory. Seems like it was quite reasonably priced too.

Yeah, don't mess with an 'automotive' radiator shop.

Myler's have fixed two radiators for me. My WR450 that I crushed and then shoved a bunch of JB Water Weld in a crack as a trailside repair, and the one off my Super Tenere after I got into an accident with a Jeep. Both radiators were to the point where I was sure they would tell me they couldn't be fixed. Both of them came back to me looking like brand new but were actually even better than new thanks to them welding up all the crimped fittings as well as fixing my crushing of them. They are very good folks and I wish more businesses were like them.

Back