• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Name three things that you have an aversion to in riding

Houston (really, any traffic-infested metro area, but the Petro-metro holds a special place for me making it worthy of being singled out)

Greenish Slime-covered Hill Country low water crossings (DAMHIK)

Interstate Highways

Petro-Metro [emoji23] Havent heard that yet. Yes, there is something about Houston vs other metro regions that makes driving/riding there a challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Failure to ride in a single marked lane maybe.
My mistake.
It's "failure to control speed". They can issue it anytime there is a crash.
I witnessed a cop follow the ambulance to the ER and issue one. Of course it didn't help that the rider in question was a foul mouthed ahole when the cop arrived at the scene of the accident.

That's a lot of work. Easier to just maill the citation out. From address on DL.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

In our county any mishap involving motorized vehicles in the county will result in that ticket from Dps officers.

It's probably fail to control speed, as it basically means, you ran into another car. Troopers know the transportation code and aren't going to make up an offense.

It's probably fail to control speed, as it basically means, you ran into another car. Troopers know the transportation code and aren't going to make up an offense.
A friend was driving in blinding rain, missed an old wooden bridge on a corner and ended upside down in the creek. He got a ticket for failure to maintain control of his vehicle or something like that. But any mishap is going to result in a ticket. Around here you run through a fence etc you get it back on the road and home before they show up or it’s going to cost you. I know because I raised two boys.

Back