• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Ok... after burning most of the evening... how about a ride starting somewhere in Dayton?

I can put a ride together pretty quick. I've got several that I think i could pull from.

Saturday or Sunday???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My vote is for Sunday. We can start closer to your neck of the woods if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds cool! I'll get a map together. Apparently, TomTom and Google have changed the rules a bit, so my old TomTom routes won't import into Garmin Basecamp anymore... OK. I'll rebuild a route! No Problem! it will be posted up tonight!

OK. Let's call it a Sunday, 3/15 Ride.

I rebuilt a route that we had that started at the TX Country Kitchen in Dayton. We can start off about any place that's handy, but that should work. Is that place still open? It seems like it looked closed last time I rolled through there.

Anyway, here's a route, starting and ending in Dayton, about 4.5 hours, 213 miles. Up through Kenefick, Shepherd, Coldspring and 224, up to 190 via 946, and a fuel stop in Onalaska at the Valero. Then, on to the Alabama Coshatta Shell Station via Moscow, 62, 942, then through Segno, and back down to 787 and back down through Kenefick. The weather is supposed to be pretty warm, with lows in the mid 60's and highs near 80.

Meet up about 0800? KSU 0830?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 165
Looks like a winner to me. The Kountry Kitchen is open as well. I’ll see you at 0800.

It looks like I'm going to be finding and fixing some sprinkler system issues... not sure what I'll find, but I'm probably not riding tomorrow...

anybody ready to do this tomorrow? socially distanced of course
Sorry bike was in upholstery shop during all the great weather we had last weekend. Man I was mad because I missed some of best riding. Anyways, got the seat back, and went riding yesterday, and its GREAT! Next good weather we get I am in. This weekend I am in, however, according to the forcast, ALLOT of rain on the forecast for the next 2 weeks on the 10 day forecast. I will try and keep watching the threads. I am in NE Houston, Humble/ Atascocita area.

Went out the past couple of days around 3pm or so to ride around New Caney to Huffman, and through Kingwood. Nice rides. Good weather. New seat work great. Fits my butt perfect. I was surprised how crowded the roads are through New Caney. I took 1485 all the way around to 2100 and back down 1960 back to Humble. In most cases I was unable to go the speed limit because of all the vehicles, so it looks like people are starting to go back to work, darnit!

Went out the past couple of days around 3pm or so to ride around New Caney to Huffman, and through Kingwood. Nice rides. Good weather. New seat work great. Fits my butt perfect. I was surprised how crowded the roads are through New Caney. I took 1485 all the way around to 2100 and back down 1960 back to Humble. In most cases I was unable to go the speed limit because of all the vehicles, so it looks like people are starting to go back to work, darnit!

I commented to my wife, yesterday, that the back roads I usually travel, during the week, that are normally empty, are busy now. I think that it's not people going back to work, instead it's people escaping the Shelter In Place cabin fever.

I am up for riding today, if anyone interested. I was just out getting McDonalds and there were very few cars. Even though its cloudy, it calls for 0 chance of rain. I am in Humble. I was thinking that run around Livingston that BlueFlash sent me the .gpx file for.

I am up for the ride
email me the gpx please

Ok, I am getting my stuff together, and I gotta charge up some stuff but I am rapid charging. Anyhow who else wants the file. Be looking for the GPX file in the next 10 minutes in your private messaging.

Ok, thats cool. Thats a long ride, and I am considering just running out and riding from Dayton through Kenifick to Cleveland and back to Atascocita. Thats about a 2 hr run, as opposed to several hours. If I do that, I will make a GPX for it. Thats going from Humble down 1960 to Dayton, and then up 1008 along Trinity river, all the way back around to 321 at the Fuel Maxx # 62 and back. I usually catch those side roads that run parallel past the prisons along 1960 on way back, thats a route called 686 just on the Northside of 1960 outside of Dayton. There is an old air field out there and a gun range back in there, a prison, Sam Distribution warehouse.

Last edited:
Ok, thats cool. Thats a long ride, and I am considering just running out and riding from Dayton through Kenifick to Cleveland and back to Atascocita. Thats about a 2 hr run, as opposed to several hours. If I do that, I will make a GPX for it. Thats going from Humble down 1960 to Dayton, and then up 1008 along Trinity river, all the way back around to 321 at the Fuel Maxx # 62 and back. I usually catch those side roads that run parallel past the prisons along 1960 on way back, thats a route called 686 just on the Northside of 1960 outside of Dayton. There is an old air field out there and a gun range back in there, a prison, Sam Distribution warehouse.

I’m not free today but let me know the next time you make this run, that’s my neck of the woods.

Looks like tomorrow may be the last dry ride for awhile. Who needs a Good Friday Ride?

You made me check the weather as last I looked it showed rain until next week. Tomorrow does look good, I should be doing yard work but I just picked up the new to me bike yesterday so I'll be up for a ride instead. Any route works for me. Time and place?

Yep, I thought the weekend was going to be a washout. Just got off work and checked... tomorrow looks good!

Since you're really close, how about a fuel stop meet up at the Texas Mart at Aerobic and W Lake Houston?

KSU at 0830?

I'll throw a route together... it might change based on location of anybody else that may need in, but I'll post up soon. Got to do a couple things before it rains tonight...

Back