• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Yep, I thought the weekend was going to be a washout. Just got off work and checked... tomorrow looks good!

Since you're really close, how about a fuel stop meet up at the Texas Mart at Aerobic and W Lake Houston?

KSU at 0830?

I'll throw a route together... it might change based on location of anybody else that may need in, but I'll post up soon. Got to do a couple things before it rains tonight...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Actually I ran out of garage space so the new bike is at my office, Wilson Rd and 1st St. But I can meet up anywhere, you call it depending on route, who else joins and coming from where.

OK, I'm not seeing any other takers. 0830 KSU from Texas Mart, April 10 (tomorrow, Good Friday).

Route is about 260 miles RT. Should be back in town before 3 pm. It's great to plan these things with a downpour outside, thunder, and lightning... Woo Hoo!!!!

It should be fine by morning!

See you then!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 161
Great ride with silver bullet on the sweet looking VFR! Jfink showed up along the route early as well... great getting out with you again too!

The roads were pretty clear, with a little bit of storm debris, but nothing that was really an issue. Good ride! Good weather! Ok, i needed one more t-shirt layer to make it perfect under the mesh.

Yes, we practiced our social distancing on stops...

Thanks for joining in, guys! It was great!

Great ride with silver bullet on the sweet looking VFR! Jfink showed up along the route early as well... great getting out with you again too!

The roads were pretty clear, with a little bit of storm debris, but nothing that was really an issue. Good ride! Good weather! Ok, i needed one more t-shirt layer to make it perfect under the mesh.

Yes, we practiced our social distancing on stops...

Thanks for joining in, guys! It was great!

Thanks for organizing the ride Steve. Glad I was able to bump into you guys. Good seeing David again as well. Here is some evidence of social distancing. Your honor, I believe this photo demonstrates that even the bikes were the mandatory 6 feet apart.
-p72kjLG-ssD5-0FlCGugzEF6YdmVm-i_-FEA=w847-h635-no.jpg

Looks like you guys had a good time. No work but the wife called dibs on me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I get notices of someone posting in this thread and sometimes I don't...? I had to work yesterday so this ride would of been a no go but still would like to know when a ride is planned. On a different note I got my grandson a dirt bike a couple weeks ago and spending the last few weekends teaching him how to ride a motorcycle ( hoping to get him out of the house and away from having his face constantly stuck in front of a computer playing games ) . I need to find a wide open area to do braking, figure eights,and shifting drills. The back yard is starting to get small. Glad you guys had a good ride.

anybody ready to do this tomorrow? socially distanced of course
Would you like to ride with me next week (any day but Wednesday(rain)? Much shorter of a ride, we can do a 3 to 3 1/2 hr ride. I know the area on the north side very well. We could start in Conroe. That’s where I like to ride out of. sam Houston Forest area.

anyone else?

Last edited:
Sometimes I get notices of someone posting in this thread and sometimes I don't...? I had to work yesterday so this ride would of been a no go but still would like to know when a ride is planned. On a different note I got my grandson a dirt bike a couple weeks ago and spending the last few weekends teaching him how to ride a motorcycle ( hoping to get him out of the house and away from having his face constantly stuck in front of a computer playing games ) . I need to find a wide open area to do braking, figure eights,and shifting drills. The back yard is starting to get small. Glad you guys had a good ride.
Sterling Ranch in Willis.

It certainly looks like the best weekend we've had in a long time! And i guess I'm painting a steel fence... i hope i can get out somewhere this weekend!

If you are looking for a Group ride I have one going on Saturday morning. Let me know if you are interested. About a 3 hr ride with a couple stops.
Send me the map and let me know where you are meeting. 3 hrs sounds perfect. Yeh I also have allot of stuff to get done, but I don't wanna pass up good weather because its few and far between right now but most importantly its not hot right now. Might be last weekend we will get temps in the 60's starting out.

Send me the map and let me know where you are meeting. 3 hrs sounds perfect. Yeh I also have allot of stuff to get done, but I don't wanna pass up good weather because its few and far between right now but most importantly its not hot right now. Might be last weekend we will get temps in the 60's starting out.
No map, but I’m sure you know these roads where we are going this week. Just making a loop out from Conroe out west. The other route we do probably has roads you haven’t seen before.

I’m getting a new tire put on the morning at 9am so I pushed the start time to 11am. I’ll PM you the location.

Ok... my fence still isn't done, but I need a good ride saturday.

An early race on 290 to ride Brenham and 3090? Could be a longer day...

A Lake Livingston and Colmesneil run?

I'm scheming now, but I'm riding! Interest / suggestions!

Considering riding around Lake Livingston this Saturday early from Flyin J Truckstop at 59 n 242. It's starting to get too hot so I am getting in this last ride early like 8am.

After living in DFW and Birmingham, I'm thinking it's never too hot in Houston to ride.

If i was going to do the Livingston route, i would be thinking the longer route through Colmesneil. There are some nice roads out there for a brisk paced ride.

If we were to do the Brenham roads, we might meet at Buckees in Waller. That means some slabbing, but we could get home before dark... especially with an early start...

Probably too late to put up a last minute San Augustine run... :-)

Last edited:
I will be at Flying J at 8am-ish. Just FYI I am on a cruiser and I am slow and boring. I almost always do the speed limit on twisty backroads. I will post the Livingston route but plan on cutting it short after I cross the lake and be back in Humble by noon.

Looks like we will do the lake livingston colmesneil route this morning. Meet at 0830, Ksu 0900 from flying j. Should be back to flying j around 330.

Great ride and perfect weather today! Glad you could get out, Jim!

The Bulldog Cafe in n Colmesneil was good, too!

Thanks for leading Steve, I agree the weather was perfect and good food as well

Hey do ya'll ever make it up to around the Angelina Nat'l Forest area?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back