• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

tenor.gif

:mrgreen:

OK... I need a ride. Tomorrow morning. about 4 hours. I'm not sure where exactly, but mostly likely around Lake Livingston in some form or fashion from Atascocita. Some variant of "around the lake," with at least a run up 224...

Interest?

OK... Garmin Base Camp has gone on vacation... we'll do a "wing it" kind of ride. I can't get the software to follow a route.

Edit: uninstalled re-installed Base Camp. Route is set up. It will be a basic "Around the Lake (Livingston)" Route, up 59 to 945, 225, 942 through Leggett, Dalardsville, Votah, back south on 321, past the prison in Dayton, to Huffman and back to Atascocita. meet at 0800 at Texan Mart, Aerobic and West Lake Houston Pkwy in Atascocita, KSU at 0830 sharp.

Last edited:
No other takers? I'm heading out a few minutes early to meet up with SilverBullet. Great weather this mirning!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK, now that Grandpa weekend is done... How about a ride Saturday (10/3)? I've got a route that does 149, with some of the side roads and routes from my jfink list and from Silver Bullet... I'm thinking it could be good. about 215 miles, about 5 hours per BaseCamp, with an option to loop through 3090 after a fuel stop in Anderson. The 3090 loop adds about 35 miles, and BaseCamp says that adds nearly an hour. I don't really think so...

I'm planning a meet up with anybody in the Atascocita area at the Texan Mart Exxon at Aerobic and West Lake Houston Pkwy, 0730, with a KSU at 0800. If there is a preference for Sunday, we could move it to Sunday, I'm flexible... but at this point, that's the plan. Looks like great riding weather!

Dang, it's disappointing no one has replied yet.

I may meet up for a Sunday ride depending on the route. Can you post a GPX viewer link? Since I'm new to Garmin, I'm still struggling with importing data.

I'm planning a meet up with anybody in the Atascocita area at the Texan Mart Exxon at Aerobic and West Lake Houston Pkwy, 0730, with a KSU at 0800. If there is a preference for Sunday, we could move it to Sunday, I'm flexible... but at this point, that's the plan. Looks like great riding weather!

I would join tomorrow but need to do some banking and they don't open until 9am so wouldn't be ready to roll until 10:30am.

Sunday would work also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Just Curtis:

Here's a screen capture and a gpx file. I assume you have an app to view the gpx? As for importing routes, can you load BaseCamp routes into your Garmin? If so, you should be able to open the gpx file with BaseCamp and edit as needed.

I had pretty much determined this to be a solo ride, due to the overwhelming response. :-) If you can check it out, it's still possible to move it to Sunday... it looks like the best connection would be in New Waverly at the Chevron / Fuel Maxx just north of 1857 on 75... about 0930?

SilverBullet:

Sunday the same time and start location?

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 3090 Route.gpx
    392.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
"Officially" moved to Sunday, 730 meet, 0800 KSU, Texan Mart Exxon, Aerobic and W Lake Houston Pkwy, Atascocita.
If you are coming from Huntsville and want to meet up, we should be rolling past the Chevron / Fuel Maxx just north of 1375 on 75 at about 0930.

Thanks for the heads up Blue but I'm out. I had the wheel bearing replaced on Wednesday, washed it last night and after a 100mi ride today I found a wee bit of a problem.
Actually 1st discovered something was wrong during a rear only brake stab on 224 and they barely worked. :eek2:

20201003_185743.jpg

That's not looking good. Hope you can get back on on the road soon! Differential seal, I assume? Well catch you on the next run!

"Officially" moved to Sunday, 730 meet, 0800 KSU, Texan Mart Exxon, Aerobic and W Lake Houston Pkwy, Atascocita.
If you are coming from Huntsville and want to meet up, we should be rolling past the Chevron / Fuel Maxx just north of 1375 on 75 at about 0930.
I’ve been pretty busy working this past month...planning on watching the forum a little more closely...I actually could have made the Sunday ride

Bummer! Keep an eye on the forum, and we'll get a ride going together soon. It was a good ride. A bit chilly in the morning, but it warmed up and was perfect for most of the ride. SilverBullet guided me down another new road, and I think the changes from my last similar ride were good. I'll have to take a look at how to work in the new road today. It was great. Thanks!

OK... I enjoyed last week's ride. How about a redo? KSU at 0800 on Sunday, 10/9 at the Atascocita Texan Mart at Aerobic and W Lake Houston Pkwy, or we can meet up along the way! PM if you have questions. Route in Post 1362, above.

Will do. Hope it gets fixed quickly! Are they footing the bill? It sounds like damage they did on the bearing replace.

That's not looking good. Hope you can get back on on the road soon! Differential seal, I assume? Well catch you on the next run!
I never answered but yes, a final drive seal.

Will do. Hope it gets fixed quickly! Are they footing the bill? It sounds like damage they did on the bearing replace.
Thanks. While not specifically discussed all indications are they intend to make the original repair right, including coming to pick up my bike on Wednesday 90 miles from the shop. While the new bearing has made a noticeable improvement on both perceived and actual ride quality, I asked today if the leaking seal was pinched or damaged during install and the reply was they are reporting it to BMW as a defective part.

Sounds great! Unfortunately, I'm buried in weekend projects.. I should be able to get out next weekend, though!

Back