• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

My Saturday plans got moved to Sunday, but I could still ride if I'm home by around 2. What is a good meeting spot for you two? It looks like we're split up a bit... Atascocita, Huntsville, Woodville? A meet up in Cleveland?

If 1400 works for you, we could meet at 59 and 1960, shoot up to shepherd to meet curtis, and then I’ve got a rout that’ll last us till around 1700. An hour or so back to the start for you, just under for curtis to home. Options for BBQ or my favorite cafe on the way around 1600 hours.

I would need to be done and home around 1400. That would mean a lot earlier start, and in the cooler weather. If that doesn't work for you, no worries. I understand. Where is your BBQ place? It sounds interesting, but I'll have to do an early ride.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh, heh. I misread your post and thought you couldn't get going until 2. Oops. In that case, We could start at 0900, pick Curtis up at 0930 in Shepherd, and go from there. BBQ is The Pitt Stop in Warren. I think you'd want to head back from there, because the rest of the route starts tracking northward, and you wouldn't make the 1400 home-time. I'll send you the route tracks.

Ya'll got me confused now. LOL

Are you riding? What day? What time? Route or ride length doesn't really concern me but looks like the mesh jacket needs to get hangered for awhile.

This Sunday, the 1st of November (boy howdy, how did we get this far in 2020?), looks like we'll be meeting a few minutes before 0900 around Hwy 59 and FM 1960, then scooting up to Shepherd where we can meet Curtis if he can still make it. [paging Curtis....paging Curtis... Is Sunday still good for you?]

Just to clarify the meet-up location in Humble: The Raceway gas station, just west of Townsen Blvd on 1960... I plan to be there about 845.

I'm thinking that when you guys stop for BBQ in Warren, I'll burn on north to 256, 1754, and back down home via Votaw and Kenefick... could be a good ride, and I think I can still get home right at about 2 pm... but with a few more roads.

Hope you can make it SB! I'll be watching for the confirm!

1745 has construction on it just before it connects to 287. You have to take County Road 2600 up to FM 2097, then back to Chester, or take County Road 2590 down south and around back to 1745 by the high school. 2590 is mostly smooth packed dirt, but there's a few scrabble gravel areas. 2600 starts as graveled scrabble and gets packed earth, then back to scrabbled gravel rabble before it connects to 2097. 256 between Colmesneil and 287 has almost as many good curves as 1745 between Colmesneil and Chester, and you can take 287 north to get back to 1745/Camden Highway to take you towards Votaw.

I like 256... I was going to take it up to Colmesneil to get to 1745. I was hoping I had given them enough time to finish the construction. Is 1745 south of Chester is clear? Not as many curves, but it's ok... I'll do some scheming...

OK. It looks like I can just catch the east leg of 256 from 190, then do the 256 circle through Colmesneil and just avoid Chester altogether... and still get home about the same time. Thanks for the warning!

Last edited:
Ya'll got me confused now. LOL

Are you riding? What day? What time? Route or ride length doesn't really concern me but looks like the mesh jacket needs to get hangered for awhile.
I'd rather be just confused than the ole man in the same room where my ole lady was talking to her girlfriend about what I'm going to do this weekend . . . actin' like I can't even hear them. :-( Yea, I've been watchin youz guys :shock: . I took vacation last week and it was mavalus, except of course for the 2 days I had to work 😱

The construction is at a bridge just to the east of Chester. If you look at it on the map, it's just a few hundred feet past the turnoff to CR 2590.

OK... so it's new bridge work on 1745. I know they were getting ready to resurface more before the plandemic started. They resurfaced the part to the north end near Colmesneil and it was loose gravel for awhile. It looked like they were going to resurface down to Chester next. I was hoping that was all done. I wasn't aware of the bridge work. Thanks!

Yes, I want to catch in on Sunday and it doesn't matter much to me route or length; gpm (grins per mile) is paramount!

However, after the bike being in the shop 3 times and it now finally seems at least, OK; I'd like replace the rear brake pads before spirited riding. Tomorrow's temps may well dictate whether or not I accomplish the task in time for a Sunday ride.

As much as I want to, I'm out for tomorrow. Looks like awesome weather so y'all have a great & safe one. :thumb:

Edit: truth be told, I'm already sore from working on my bike today and will probably feel like road kill tomorrow. :argh:

Last edited:
We're going to miss you tomorrow! We'll catch up for a ride soon! Next weekend's weather forecast looks good so far!

And then again if you don't push yourself a little sometimes you won't increase stamina. You do gain an hour of sleep tonight right?

I'm in for tomorrow's ride. No work emergency today so I can get out. Will play it by ear whether I ride back with Steve or continue the route.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking... from Warren, 1093 to Spurger. Up to 256, around 256 through colmesneil, back down to Warren, over to Fred, down to Lumberton and down 421, then slabbing out back to Atascocita. I think I can still do that and get home around 1400.

Well fine! I can't let an ole man call me an old man and not do something about. I'll be in Shepherd at 0930, question is where ?

Time of this post is 0736. :mrgreen:
That's the spirit! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Back