• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

1000 in Riverside sounds like a plan! This could be a good solo ride or group ride. If anybody else wants in, post up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great ride today and perfect weather! Somehow, we didn't find ourselves stuck behind slow cagers much! Great getting out with you again, Curtis!

Looks like good weather tomorrow. I'm thinking a run north to Leona.... some of the roads that JFink showed me, and a couple he told me about, but I never got to before.. I'm not thinking a lunch stop right now... just a ride. About 330 miles, thinking a KSU at 0800 from the Texan Mart in Atascocita and back to Atascocita around 1530 (according to BaseCamp... likely more like 430).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 147
Hope y'all had a good ride.

Blue; after we separated last Saturday I went to Woodville for lunch . slabbed it to Livingston . around the dam . and thru Coldspring to hit 224. A block or 2 before the light at the San Jac courthouse I saw that blue '57 Suburban roll thru the intersection. What are the chances??? :eek2:

It was a good ride. We found 4 Notch Road and although Garmin insists there is an unpaved section, it's all paved, as you said. Nice little road. However, there is a section of Rogers Road that is now torn up for construction. About 1/2 mile is now unpaved and under construction. Traffic was a lot higher in some places that surprised me, and the Grand Parkway construction and massive growth at Plum Grove has really messed up any chance of getting through New Caney to Huffman on 1485 in any reasonable time. The rest of the route was good. Great weather, no critters, and I finally got thibodeauxjj out for a ride again.

I have seen a few car shows on the square in Coldspring. It sounds like the '57 was headed that way, maybe? Or was it a '55? Hard to say since they reworked the hood, but it was a nice looking suburban!

Sorry for the late response. I'm playing grandpa today. It looks like the temp will be up there shortly. Have a good ride. I'll be backout soon!

Says the guy that only did 160 miles? That's maybe 1/2 ride at best... i had a great day with my granddaughter

Grand kids trump, but 160 miles isn't worth getting geared up. None of my rides are less than 250. Yep... 160 is hardly enough to earn the tires. (Yawn)

I've been trying to get interest for a ride to the San Augustine area for awhile. There are some good roads up there, and I want to extend it to cover the run into LA and around Toledo Bend. Something like 550 to 600 miles, breakfast at 7 am at Mama Jack's in Kountze, up around the lake with the curvier roads I can find, maybe a run up to the Republic of Texas marker and Whataburger in Logansport, and back through some good roads, with a goal to get back by nightfall. That would be a ride.

Not necessarily. We can do it in cooler weather. The goal is simply that. Haven't met that goal yet. Would most likely be back just after nightfall. The goal is to minimize the ride time with the critters that start roaming.

Last edited:
Back