• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

The worst I've done is riding to work 50 miles in 21 degree, freezing fog. Didn't like it too much! After that ride, I bought the Hippo Hands...

If I need electric gear to ride, I'll go with a long island ice tea and kick back at the house!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK... so before the freezing and the power outages here, I was talking about a ride this weekend. I'm working today to make up lost hours, so I'm thinking I need to take care of issues here instead. I'm hoping next weekend is looking good, because we need a ride!!!!

Did you get out? Next Sunday looks like a good ride day... should be warm and low rain chance so far.

Last edited:
Yep, left Summerwood and took 1960 towards Dayton. I ended up taking 321 to Cleveland and took 59 back down to the beltway. Weather was awesome, about 65*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK.... after much waffling this week, we have decided it's time for another Sunday Ride! It should be warmer Sunday than it has been, so I'm looking at an earlier depart from Atascocita. The ride will meet up at the Magnolia Diner in Montgomery on 105 at 0800. KSU at about 0900. I'll do a roll through at the Texan Mart on West Lake Houston at about 645, but unless I know somebody is coming, I'm headed north. Rain gear recommended, but we may get lucky. The current forecasts look like 30% or less, but I think that's more for the late afternoon. I plan on being back in Atascocita around 330.

The route: Magnolia Diner for breakfast at 0800, KSU ~0900. back east to 1485, up Rogers road, and back to 149 via 1375 and Osborne Rd. 149 to Anderson, down to Navasota and 3090, back 149 to Montgomery. I'll be taking 1485 back home. If we stay dry it will be a great ride! If we just get a few sprinkles, no bad. I'm banking on nothing major, but I'll have my rain gear handy! Temps in the 60s to 70s all day, so that's sounding good!

Round trip, Montgomery to Montgomery is about 160 miles. RT Atascocita and back, about 260.

Post up or PM if your interested.

Let's Ride!!!

Ride for Sunday, 3/7. I know, there is a ME&G, but I'm going to have to stay local and miss that one.

I've kind of combined some newer roads (to me) with roads from a few old routes here. We'll see how that goes! 260 miles, KSU at 0900 from the Texan Mart on WLHP in Atascocita, Estimated return around 3 pm. Looks like it will be mid 50s at KSU, warming to the upper 60s for the last part of the ride. Let me know if you want to join in!

Only about 2 weeks to the DrD Butt Burner to Toledo Bend on 3/20!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I definitely needed a new rear tire and that resolved a large portion of my problem but I still have a minor vibration at interstate speeds so I'm out tomorrow. Yall have fun n be safe.

Could be as simple as out of balance... let me know if I can assist! I spooned on and balanced a new rear tire friday on mine.

Well... it ended up a solo today. A little cooler than I expected, but pretty good and sunny. The new tire is scuffed in for the next ride, and no issues. A few cagers decided to slow me down in some of the good curves, and I think I hit a squirrel! Still, a good ride. Enjoyed the new parts of the route! Freeze damage, bike issues, and one rider sick, or it would have been a good group, too! I even got a pic from the fuel and coffee stop!

c5421beb7b487755567f4b398f5ba319.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn’t make it. Had too much stuff around the house to get done. On a good note, I clay barred, buffed/polished and ceramic coated the bike this weekend. She’s smooth as glass now! Also, new tires came in. Just waiting on the new valve stems a d should be ready for the twisted sisters this weekend!

I didn't get a call, did anyone else get the call? Gonna be awkward if I'm the only one that DIDNT! :eek2: :lol2:

I've been thinking of doing that too, which clay and ceramic coating did you use?

Hahaha! Nah, no invites. It’s a weekend trip just me and the wife.

I use the Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 and Meguires Detailer spray for the lube. I’ve read a bunch of good reviews for the Tutrle Wax Ceramic Coat Spray. It was easy to apply and they claim a minimum of 6 months protection with 2 coats. Feels like my bike is made of Teflon now. We’ll see how well it holds up, but for $13 a bottle and less than an hour to apply 2 coats, I’ll keep using it instead of the expensive kits.

OK. I've been doing Sunday Rides lately, but Sunday looks a bit wet this weekend. How about Saturday the 13th for a slight change? I'm thinking the same route as last weekend (Post 1583), but clockwise this time. Maybe that will cut down some of the slow-downs from the cagers. It should be warmer Saturday am, so how about a meet up at 0800 at the Texan Mart at Aerobic and West Lake Houston, and KSU at 0830. Should be back to Atascocita around 2:30. One fuel stop in Onalaska at about 120 miles, total mileage about 260. Route outline is on Post 1583.

One more week to the Dr. D Butt Burner to Toledo Bend! Saturday, 3/20, meet at Mama Jack's in Kountze for breakfast. See Post 1504 for Details!

Yep, sorry. We’re headed to Bandera in the morning. On a side note, new tires got spooned on and needed zero weights front or rear. Far cry from the 12 weights on the back and 6 on the front! Haha

NP. I'm glad you got the new tires on, and no weights sounds good! Have a great time in n the hill country!

OK... it's time for the DrD Butt Burner Ride. The time is changing, so we should have more daylight to get us back home around dusk with an early depart. I'll be heading out from Atascocita, so if anybody wants to ride out of town with me, let me know in advance! KSU for me will be 5:00 am.

March 20, 2021, 7 am meet at Mama Jack's in Kountze, KSU at 8 am. Post up if you're interested!

There are some great roads out there, with a little history tossed in...

The ride will meet up at 7:00 am at Mama Jack's for a great breakfast in Kountze to get things kicked off. We should get to Whataburger in Logansport, LA after a run around Toledo Bend and a visit to the Republic of Texas National boundary marker at about 1230. My best estimate for a return to Atascocita is about 7:30 pm, assuming 30 minutes for fuel stops and 1 hour each for breakfast and lunch. I didn't work in a dinner stop. Naturally, others won't be returning to Atascocita, so your results may vary!

The total miles: Kountze to lunch, about 190 miles. Lunch back to the last fuel stop in Lumberton, about 220 miles. Total from Atascocita, about 550. The longest distance between fuel is about 125 miles. For those that want to see a GPX file, I have attached one. Also added a zipped kml file if you want to view the route in Google My Maps or Google Earth. More details on the specific roads are also in Post 1504, with a snip of the map.

Weather: The current 10 day forecast shows that it could be a little cool in the morning, with a low around 47s, but with a high of 68 and sunny with low rain chances. Weatherbug is showing a high of 67 in Logansport, LA, the northern side of the route. You may want to do layers for the morning and have a way to carry the layers you pull as it warms up. Should be a great ride.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• San Augustine and LA.gpx
    688.6 KB · Views: 135
  • San Augustine and LA.zip
    82.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Back