• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Re: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble are riders!

From Atascocita or Huffman, it's about an hour to Lake Livingston and where most of us ride. It is 2 hours to Brenham, so a 3 hour ride / lunch, plus 4 hours out and back does make for a longer day. Leaving from New Caney at 7:30, we're looking at getting back to New Caney around 3 or 4, so it is pretty much a full day ride.

I also have a number of shorter rides mapped out, and I know Ryan has several routes as well... and I hear of more in this thread. Tonight, I'm not sure if I'm up for 8 hours on the bike yet. Tweaked my neck a week ago, and expected it to be good by now. It was better last night, but seems to have gone downhill a bit today...

I'm thinking that a shorter ride might be a better kickoff for me this weekend, and we could get out to ride with Morgstang in a few weeks. I'm just thinking that if we get a fairly early start, we could still save most of the afternoon for people with commitments at home.

A short ride like Cleveland / Lake Livingston? Who has the best route? I'm just thinking that if we get a fairly early start, we could still save most of the afternoon for people with commitments at home.

Regardless, I'm ready to ride!

Hey Steve how you been, I haven't had much seat time this last year either. I need to make time , if you post up a ride I'll do my best to make it.

Doing good... Had priorities that needed to be taken care of... and I need some seat time as well!

I've got a few routes mapped out, mostly in the Lake Livingston / Lake Conroe area, but a few longer ones as well.

If we head north, we'll have to be sure and meet up at the Flying J to pull you in!

Between work and moving to a different house this past year has left me with little play time but I plan to change that and make time for riding again.

From Atascocita or Huffman, it's about an hour to Lake Livingston and where most of us ride. It is 2 hours to Brenham, so a 3 hour ride / lunch, plus 4 hours out and back does make for a longer day. Leaving from New Caney at 7:30, we're looking at getting back to New Caney around 3 or 4, so it is pretty much a full day ride.

I also have a number of shorter rides mapped out, and I know Ryan has several routes as well... and I hear of more in this thread. Tonight, I'm not sure if I'm up for 8 hours on the bike yet. Tweaked my neck a week ago, and expected it to be good by now. It was better last night, but seems to have gone downhill a bit today...

I'm thinking that a shorter ride might be a better kickoff for me this weekend, and we could get out to ride with Morgstang in a few weeks. I'm just thinking that if we get a fairly early start, we could still save most of the afternoon for people with commitments at home.

A short ride like Cleveland / Lake Livingston? Who has the best route? I'm just thinking that if we get a fairly early start, we could still save most of the afternoon for people with commitments at home.

Regardless, I'm ready to ride!

I agree on the long day. I'm good with a Livingston ride. I'm more familiar with the roads north of the lake around the Sam Houston NF area. Kennard and such. More dirt up there for day runs than one day could handle, but this is a road trip, so you guys pick a route, and I'll meet you at Buster's at 7am. They open at 7am on Saturday. Coldsprng has a decent burger joint, or if we time our run just right we could end up back in NC around lunch and eat at K-Jun Shack. Part ways and mow the lawn, or whatever. Do it again in a week or two, then make a plan for Brenham.

Sorry Keith, looks like we may not make it this weekend, but soon enough we are going to come pulling up ready to ride.

OK I have to ask beside what I see listed individually what type of bikes are you guys riding on these trips. Thanks

I'll be on a Ducati ST4s. Come ride with us. It will be a short ride. We'll take a break or two for a picture and water. We can be back in NC around 11-12 so you will have the rest of the day for chores.

Sorry Blue. I'm taking over your thread, but I want to ride also...

Last edited:

You guys have fun....we ride every weekend so your welcome to come out anytime...

Go for it, lowrider! We can chat about routes more when we get together. .. just trying to get something started!

Morgstang... we'll get there soon!

I ride a yamaha Fz1... not a knee dragger.. I welcome anybody that wants to ride!

Yep... but I say meet around 7:30 or so, drink a cup of coffee, and KSU at 8:00am. Still early enough to beat the traffic. Weather is going to be great it looks like all weekend. 7am would be OK if we were going to Brenham, but I got beauty rest I can't miss. How's that sound?

In case I can make it, where's Busters?

In case I can make it, where's Busters?

Sorry about the bad link guys. I was working last night and tried the cell phone input method. Well, we saw how that ended.

Corner of 494 and 1485. One block east on 1485 off Hwy59 in New Caney. Next to O'Reily's and next to that a CVS, so if you need a tire guage or some beef jerkey before the ride we are golden.

I have never been for morning coffee, however Buster keeps my house warm in the winter with propoane and propane accesories, I tell you what. I have heard they have decent coffee. About to find out.

Last edited:

Buster's is on the corner of FM 1485 and loop 494 in New Caney, just off of 59. The link didn't work on my phone.

We are meeting around 7:30am Saturday (5-2) for coffee and route disscusion. We have a few routes mapped and we will map out a couple of loops before the departure. Plenty of nice easy East Texas roads to pick from. We may end up around the Milam area for lunch if we make time. It is Settlers Day weekend, and a short stop will be in order for eats and to check out the festivities. Side Car Muster also going on at Holly Park this same weekend, so we may run into them in Milam if we time it right. Just a short run to Holly Park from Milam anyway to stop in and say hello. May pick another location for lunch if time is limited. Just play it by ear/eye and blow out the winter cobwebs.

Buster's Brew at 494/1485 in New Caney. KSU 8:00am.

Tenative plan. Lost my reading glasses for a bit.

Ok... any that are interested, fire me some updates and we'll get them in tonight.

OK... the special google maps that is linked to Tyre (the TomTom software) is down. they may fix it this evening, but for now, I have no access to any of my TomTom Maps... Hopefully it will come up soon, or maybe I can get MapSource to talk to the TomTom...

I'll be there, was able to shift things in order to ride.

Great to have you along!!!!

It looks like we may be doing this the old fashioned way... with paper maps... Doesn't look like Tyre is coming back up any time soon, so I'm kind of stuck without a way to easily program the TomTom... can do it my force, manually, but that's like... uhhhh... agonizing? I have something close, but not really...

6:45...

If I tell it to give me a "winding" route, it's like 8:45... could be a cool ride, though... :-)

We'll figure it out in the morning... if the site comes up, I'll get a map out... otherwise, we'll figure it out then!

Tyre is back up! OK... here's a rough view of the route... it criss-crosses a bit, but looks like a good ride...

373 miles, about 7 hours road time... my software seems to overestimate times on routes, so we could probably finish up pretty close to this even with stops....

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 228
Awesome ride. Enjoyed the company and the day. Let's do it again soon.

Sorry, I did not see you guy turning around to hit 105 till it was a little late and I just slabbed it back to New Caney from there.

Last edited:
Yes it was! I took the turnaround on 59 to CR322, the first road across the tracks... twisties all tbe way to 1010. Did you guys go to 1010?

Back