• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Re: Riders from Atascocita / Humble area going to Meet n Eat?

Still no takers on the October Meet n Eat on Sunday?

I could be talked into leaving a bit earlier from Atascocita... maybe 0730? Lunch at noon, about 3.5 hour ride up there... no freeway slabbing...

Check out the thread... let me know if you want to ride up together. I'm headed that way, whether solo or not.

I will be in Colorado.

I saw a sign on our route for "18 hole golf course for sale". Anybody remember what road or city that was? I've been Googling but can't find it. Thought it was near Coldsprings.

_

Dave, that is Cape Royale on Lake Livingston, fm224. A beautiful, tight course. Rural course must be hurting, Texas National Closed recently..

I'm headed for the October meet n ear sunday. Wanna go?

sounds interesting steve but seems like a lot to cram into one day. maybe if i had the whole weekend available i'd go but gonna have to pass. have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... Sunday was a great ride. Actually found a few curves on the way up to Cameron..... left town about 730, got to Cameron for fuel with a few drops left in the tank... no gas stops for the last 40 miles on the route!!!! Got home around 6.

It was great getting together with 50 or so TWT riders... and I even remember a few names!!!

OK... what about this weekend for a ride?

Looks like I'm in for honey-do's Saturday, playing Grandpa Saturday night and Sunday morning... might be able to get out noonish for a ride, though... anybody interested? maybe 3 hours... 4 max?

i think i'm in for a sunday afternoon ride unless the boss has other ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmmm... let me see what I can do for a route...

BTW... anybody getting close to needing tire work? Looks like only a few more rides left in the PR4 rear for me... I change at the wear bar, not at the cords... must be the safety background...

Could get together with a few for a tire changing party at my house. I have everything needed for changing tires and balancing... no problem.

Here's a suggested route.

The TomTom software shows 3:43... but with a more spirited pace than last time, I did this one solo a couple of weeks ago, with a stop in Shepherd for a Java Monster and fuel in under 3:30....

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 159
time firmed up...

meet 1230 Sunday 10/18 at Dunkin Donuts, on W Lake Houston Pkwy in Atascocita, just north of Will Clayton.

I'll be leading with the suggested route shown a few posts above.

time firmed up...

meet 1230 Sunday 10/18 at Dunkin Donuts, on W Lake Houston Pkwy in Atascocita, just north of Will Clayton.

I'll be leading with the suggested route shown a few posts above.

You'all enjoy - I am cleaning (touch-up painting) the house.

Neil

A good ride... just me and big bird... but a good ride. Perfect weather.. caught most of the curves without slow cages leading... even had a few wave us on by!

Ok... so big bird braved the storm and rode here in a pouring rain to deliver breakfast tacos.

I felt bad for him, so we put new tires and brake pads on his bike. ..

Ok... so my bike is sporting a new PR4 as well....

A Good day of tinkering and getting our hands dirty!

No rain for sunday... ride????

The weather guessers are saying no rain for Sunday...

I have a new PR4 on the back of the fizzie and a new headset that need scrubbed in / road tested...

I'm thinking something like an 8 am depart from around Atascocita... could be flexible on specific times and locations... and about a 4 hour jaunt to celebrate a weekend day with no rain..

Who's in???? Any restrictions we need to consider???

I'm riding somewhere even if it's a solo ride.

I should be game for this ride. Havent riden since our last right. Finally for my street tires on my Vstrom.

Did a run once to tbe texas star cafe in colmesneil...

5 hour ride, plus the eats...

Or we could do a shorter run... I just need to get out

We could meet up at the flying j of that works best for you.

Short ride? Lunch ride? I think from flying j, the colmesneil ride would be a bit shorter. .. could head out from there about 9 and have plenty of time. .. back to flying j around 2...

Or... we could do a "just ride" day. .. 3 or 4 hours

OK... here's what I'm thinking...

Sunday, 11/8

meet up at 0800 at Flying J at 242 and 59, KSU 830.

about a 4 hour ride, back at Flying J around 12:30, still time for Honey-do's... whatever may be waiting for you!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 155
Left flying j at 9, got home at 130 in Atascocita ... not bad. I like 943... good sweepers there.

Nice cool weather, and no issues from the recent rain!

any chance of doing it sunday pm (ksu 1230 and home by dark?). sat is no good for me and churchin sun morn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back