• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

I'm being forced to follow the wife around Walmart. ... if i survive, I'll get the bike ready tonight and see you there!

Guess i should do the group text....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sunday, Jan 3 Ride!

Big Bird says we need to ride...

here's a loop I slammed together...

3:45, 170 miles.

KSU at 12:00 noon from Dunkin Donuts, Atascocita, on West Lake Houston Pkwy, just north of Will Clayton.

for the GPS people: 18315 W Lake Houston Pkwy, Humble, TX 77346

All are welcome!!! post up to let us know you're coming if you want to join in!

THANKS - but.......

THANKS for all the rides, but.... with me and now my bike in North Carolina, I'm gonna unsubscribe from the thread. You'all have my phone number and can PM me as needed....

Cheers.

Neil

It's been good. Always tough to lose a good riding buddy, but you're going to love the NC curves! Keep in touch, and we will have to connect for my next trip to the dragon!

We need to get something rolling.

I've got some car stereo work that's got to get done tomorrow (wife's ) truck, and the broncos play at 2 sunday...

Next weekend is going to have to happen!

Let's Ride! Sunday, 1/31

OK... the weather looks really good for this coming weekend...

Looks like Saturday may be a bust for me, but how about a ride Sunday?

Noon start for a 4 hour ride? earlier start for a longer ride?

Who's in????

I might be able to make it, I'll check back in later this evening and let you know.

Hmmm.. what works for you?

Flying J meetup...830 or so? That would get the temps up closer to good.

I'll toss a couple or 3 routes on the tomtom and we'll see what works!

Would 10am be ok, I've been working all day could use the extra rest?

I can do 10. Was just tossing that out. I'm flexible! If that works, we'll see you at flying J at 10!

OK... I'm home. The ride went a bit strange as my GPS seems to have taken on a life of it's own for a bit in Cleveland... but I got that working and things went smoothly after that...

Stopped for lunch i Onalaska, and Noobles and his better half split off.. Great to get you out with us again, and it was great meeting your better half. She's a keeper, you know... Now, if I wasn't suffering from Old Timer's disease, names would come to mind... OH WELL!

Jim and I headed on to continue the route... but I figured it would be a good idea to top off first... The battery I have had to jump before rides a couple of times... failed me on restart after fueling... hmmm... At Jim's suggestion, we decided to just take a shorter route back, and headed back to 945 and down to Flying J.

Promise, I'll get a new battery... or at least remember to bring my backup jump start battery that was sitting in my office!

Jim got a work-out... thanks for the push! I won't make you pay for the route lead next time... promise!

A good ride, good people, good conversation...

We'll be out there again soon!

Last edited:
One of 'yall want to put this on the TWT Calendar as a recurring event?

One of 'yall want to put this on the TWT Calendar as a recurring event?

Hadn't ever really thought about it... I'm just here to shame the rest into riding... :rider:

I could do that!

thanks for the idea!

UPDATE:

Calendar event submitted.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
OK... so for those that aren't interested in helping me push start my bike... I now have a new Li-Ion Battery installed, and I promise to bring my jump start battery with me next ride... :doh:

As for next weekend, it's Superbowl Sunday, and I'm a die-hard Broncos fan... but the game doesn't start until 5:30... Plenty of time to get a ride in AND see the game!

We should still be good for the Sunday ride. Any interest yet?

Back