• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

ok... a bit more info on Thursday's ride. Just myself and Big Bird. No Rain!

458 miles, so it was a shorter "butt burner" as it turne out... but ... FM 358, 330, and 1414 (?) were great! SH 87 north of Newton was really good sweepers as well...

Got stopped for going "pretty fast" on the road headed west into Buna on the way back... can't remember the road #... It was pretty obvious that they didn't actually radar us, all she could say was "You were going pretty fast"... and my GPS tells me that we couldn't have been more that maybe 4 or 5 over... I think they stopped us because my bike looked like a sport bike... they hit the lights before they went past us (going the other way). It helped that were had all of our safety gear on... grey hair seems to help a bit as well. let us off with a verbal... although I would have argued the point if we had been ticketed for "pretty fast"... the other officer seemed too busy oogling the bikes...

Animals all over... A very convincing "play dead" act on the part of an armadillo... he even looks squashed....

then there was the big snapping turtle that jumped out in front of me... like a flash! :trust: Well... he was pretty big, anyway... wouldn't have wanted to him him.

Got a late start... didn't expect it to take so long to get the breakfast tacos.... but they were very good! Lunch at the Texas Star was excellent as usual... warm, but excellent weather. A long day, but it was all good.

Any issues with shifting the Rides to Saturdays????

It sounds like Grandpa time will be shifting from Friday nights to Saturday nights... that means I can easily ride Saturdays and start earlier...

Any issues with Saturday rides instead of Sundays?

Ok... haven't heard anything about the swap to Saturdays... I'll assume that is a positive response... Calendar is updated... I'll get a route out in a day or two, and let's ride Saturday!!!!

NE Houston ride - Saturday 5/7

OK... so I got this together faster than I promised...

I'm thinking 0830 meet at Jitter's Coffee (Atascocita, at Aerobic and W Lake Houston Pkwy), KSU at 0900 (Saturday, 5/7)

About 4:15 Road time, 213 miles, Around Lake Livingston, and some miles on 942, 943. Should be a good ride, and we should be back early afternoon to allow for honey-do's...

Who's in?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
i'm in for sat. the boss says we have plans for later in the pm sat so gotta be back by early/mid afternoon. otherwise i get
extra chores.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like... you owe her one from last week?

Ok... we need to roll at 900, but even with longer stops, i don't see us getting home later than 3... closer to 2, i think.

That work?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'm in for Saturday.

Talk with you before then.....gonna be nice weather..!

Chris

Great! Sounds like big bird and another summerwood guy on a fat boy will be there! It should be a good ride!

Sounds good! Now... can you make it to Jitters? The start will be headed into Huffman... return leg will go by Flying J...

Atascocita, next to the gas station at aerobic and w lake houston pkwy.

Fm 1960 to w lake houston, turn south, about a mile from there

5/7/16 Ride

Ok, no crashes, no tickets, had fun. We met the criteria... there was that one close call, though. Sorry about that, guys!

Anyway, some great roads, and about 220 miles. We even got back to Atascocita by 3, as promised!

had 6 at the beginning, Charlie headed home from Leg 1 to get some work done , and TJ cut off on the final leg for home... we cut back into 1010 through Plum Grove and finished up through Huffman.

Good first ride with Charlie One Horse, CVW1973, and DBTX (from MotoHouston)... good bunch of guys, and a great ride! Ready to do the next one!

Attachments

• The Bikes at Coushatta Smoke Shop.jpg
    The Bikes at Coushatta Smoke Shop.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 160
I enjoyed meeting the very nice Group of Riders , and the speed of the Ride was just right! :thumb: Thank's Charlie-

It was great meeting you as well! Hope to get you out for a bit more seat time! Thanks for joining in!

It was a perfect ride, was a fun bunch, and nice to meet everyone.

We'll do it again soon..!!

NE Houston - Saturday, 5/14 morning ride

OK, I'm a bit slow getting this one up, but I'm thinking 0830 at Jitters in Atascocita. 0900 KSU

about 175 miles, 4 hours road time.

if we need to add a stop at Flying J for people in Spring, no problem - just let me know!

map below...

who's in????

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 154
OK...a bit more of a spirited ride today... Turned out to be a solo ride...

Cagers got in the way a bit, but not too bad...

Good ride, good weather, some good roads.

I'll try to get a ride posted up earlier this week for next weekend!

no sudden and unexpected off-road riding this week, i hope [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back