• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

OK... I haven't done 149 and 3090 in awhile. I think that's the route for today. should be out of the house between 8 and 830.. quick run by jitters, then north... I'll do a run through at flying j, just in case...

240 miles, probably about 5 hours... should be home in Atascocita around 2 or 3...

Great day for riding, guys!!!

Tomorrow looks a bit warm, but dry. Who needs a ride? Not dure where to go. Who needs seat time??? Where do we want to go?

Construction on 149 and 3090 is done. Could do that...

Or... a ride up around Colmesneil?

Another "around the lake" run?

Other suggestions? Post up, let's ride!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man I sure need to ride, but the stars just haven't lined up right for me this year, hopefully within the next few weeks I can get back to riding.

Understand... with no responses, i got honey-do's instead. I'll get out solo this weekend.

I'll keep trying!!!!

I can try to put a route together that will work best for the group... whoever that may include!

Hmmm... got a good starting point in Huffman? Maybe Huffman, Shepherd, around tge lake, and back to Huffman????

How about 7 am or so at Donald's Donuts, just west of Sonic on FM 1960 in Huffman? KSU at or before 0800 to avoid some of the heat...

I'll get a route nailed down this evening.

How about Huffman to Coldspring Breakfast paradise cafe and-----after ?---------where are all the guys that Ride Humble Kingwood summerwood?

We could do that! Still an early start? Meet at 700 at the Shell? Station near East Lake Houston Pkwy? Earlier KSU?

No Ride for me this weekend!

Bummer!

I got up this morning to go get my safety inspection done before the afternoon rains hit that the weather guessers promised... Got that done...

Unfortunately, on the ride back, I ran over something in the road. I heard something clank, but didn't see it... must have been looking elsewhere. As I got closer to home, the bike was turning funny, and sure enough, a flat rear tire!

I guess it's close to time for a new set anyway, but I had a few miles left... dang it! no riding until the new shoes come in and I can get them on.

I guess if you gotta hit something it's better to do it close to home, I was checking all week hoping there was going to be a ride but turns out I could not of made it anyway. On a more positive note I finally got around to ordering new boots, pants, and jacket , looking forward to riding again.:rider:

First, if you're looking for a ride... post up and that will let me know that we need to get something together. it seems like the participation has been pretty slim lately, so I haven't been jumping in with rides...

I'll be glad to set up rides if we have interest.. post up!

Now, on the tires and gear issue... took a ride down to Cycle Gear and picked up a new set of tires. They should go on tomorrow... My plan was to find new gear to replace my worn stuff, and then I found I can't replace my TourMaster stuff for under $400... whew!

So... I'm trying the Bilt stuff from Cycle Gear now. We'll see how that works out. Spent a lot less money there than I would have originally. New jacket, pants, and even went for a Frog Togg rainsuit... we'll see how that all works!

I'll be riding soon!

Put new New tires on the bike last night... it looks like the rain may finally be gone this weekend. How about a ride????

If I’m not holed up at work or the house, I’d like to make time for a ride this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. Thibodeauxjj is in Dayton, you're in Spring, right?

Meet at Buster's in New Caney? About 4 hours, some version of the "around the lake routes?

Or... we could do a 149 out to 3090 loop...

What sounds good, guys?

Around the lake route and back in time to avoid the heat would be my preference but I'll go with the flow

Ok. Tenative plan: Meet at Flying J on 242 & 59 at 0800. KSU 830-ish, back to Flying J about noon. I'll get a route together.

As of right now I'm uncertain if I'll make it, I've had a stomach bug all week and thought I was on the down side of it until this morning. I will post up later tonite and let you know :doh:

Back