• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Great lead Flash and thanks again mucho for the guide, map, and keeping me away from huge roadkill and the belly-warming pooch on the road. Perfect conditions and hope to do it again soon!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
So are you guys still doing any kind of regular bike night/meet?

If so, how about firing up a 2019 NE Houston Bike Night thread with more recent info.

Sorry, guys, I've been off the grid for awhile. A lot of things keeping me seriously wrapped up.

As stated above, anybody can post a ride. Through it out there and finish for people to come along! I can follow just as well (or maybe better) as I can lead. Show us your hidden jems roads!

Unfortunately, i'm out for this coming weekend as well, but the next has possibilities!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am game. Wednesday evening doesn't typically work. I am off Sun- Tuesday if anyone wants to ride.

So it looks like it isn't going to rain this afternoon. I've got a brand new set of TKC80s that need some breaking in. Anyone up for some Sam Houston National forest area around 1? I'm the Heights, so I can link up.

Ok... the reason is out of the forecast. Tomorrow looks good!

Anybody up for a ride? Any particular roads that need our attention?

I'm thinking I need to get out tomorrow. Been too busy lately!

I've already committed myself for other honey doos, else I'd be up for it. Enjoy and be safe

Hmmm... Sunday could work! I got in trouble and had to go shopping with the wife... just got back home, so I'm not ready for a ride tomorrow...

Who's in for Sunday??? what kind of ride does everybody need????

OK... Here's an idea for Sunday.

Since we're not exactly at the Dragon or the Sisters, my rides tend to be "around the lake"... clockwise, counter-clockwise, cut a road, add a road... I was thinking a change of pace was needed. I haven't done 3090 or 149 in a while... So...

I was thinking a meet for breakfast... In my search for Sunday breakfast, I found the Toasted Yolk. never been there, and it sounded decent. There's one in Conroe on 105, (2129 W Davis). Reviews were good, looks decent, and it's on the way. OK. How about a meet at Toasted Yolk at 0900. That makes for enough time for all to converge from Atascocita, Dayton, Spring, etc...

The route:

200 miles RT from Atascocita
Official meet spot, Toasted Yolk, Conroe, 0900.
KSU... 0930-ish?
A bit over 100 miles RT from/ to the Toasted Yolk.

I'm thinking I can leave Atascocita at 0730, headed for Huffman. Huffman could be a good place to meet up with Dayton riders. North on 2100 to 1485 to Conroe to the Toasted Yolk by 0900.

Out of Conroe on 105, 1774 to Anderson, 90 to 3090 just north of Navasota. The last time I was there, there was a bridge under construction.... DriveTexas.org says the road is open, so I'll go with that... If it's bogus, we'll have to backtrack to Anderson and catch 3090 from 149.

3090 north to 244, back down to Anderson for a fuel and hydration stop.

Back from Anderson via 149, Lone Star Pkway, and Egypt Honea Road to 242, and back to Atascocita.

Sound good?????

The route shows 200 miles from / to Atascocita.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 177
Whelp, I’m out for tomorrow. I need to take the better three-quarters to the doctor. Shame, that looks like a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whelp, I’m out for tomorrow. I need to take the better three-quarters to the doctor. Shame, that looks like a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What?????!!!!

And I just polished up the bike for the adventure! Bummer! We'll get out again soon! I'm doing this, though!

OK... Here's an idea for Sunday.

Since we're not exactly at the Dragon or the Sisters, my rides tend to be "around the lake"... clockwise, counter-clockwise, cut a road, add a road... I was thinking a change of pace was needed. I haven't done 3090 or 149 in a while... So...

I was thinking a meet for breakfast... In my search for Sunday breakfast, I found the Toasted Yolk. never been there, and it sounded decent. There's one in Conroe on 105, (2129 W Davis). Reviews were good, looks decent, and it's on the way. OK. How about a meet at Toasted Yolk at 0900. That makes for enough time for all to converge from Atascocita, Dayton, Spring, etc...

The route:

200 miles RT from Atascocita
Official meet spot, Toasted Yolk, Conroe, 0900.
KSU... 0930-ish?
A bit over 100 miles RT from/ to the Toasted Yolk.

I'm thinking I can leave Atascocita at 0730, headed for Huffman. Huffman could be a good place to meet up with Dayton riders. North on 2100 to 1485 to Conroe to the Toasted Yolk by 0900.

Out of Conroe on 105, 1774 to Anderson, 90 to 3090 just north of Navasota. The last time I was there, there was a bridge under construction.... DriveTexas.org says the road is open, so I'll go with that... If it's bogus, we'll have to backtrack to Anderson and catch 3090 from 149.

3090 north to 244, back down to Anderson for a fuel and hydration stop.

Back from Anderson via 149, Lone Star Pkway, and Egypt Honea Road to 242, and back to Atascocita.

Sound good?????

The route shows 200 miles from / to Atascocita.

I AM going for a ride tomorrow, somewhere. I can meet you at the Toasted Yolk at 9:30a. It's good, not my favorite, but it's good. Riding from Conroe. I know a couple good back roads up to 3090 that don't look to be on your route. I kinda despise FM105! :thumbd:

Here's a suggestion for a slight modification to your route but if you have a passion for the route you started with, I can manage. :thumb:

Attachments

• ToastedYolk2019.gdb
    65.9 KB · Views: 187
Oops, suddenly realized I cut out 149. :eek2: We need to add that back in. :rider:

5TW3jQuWIw6JP4GPk0Bk346fU0kgC7jaGNkY=w1284-h621-no.jpg

Attachments

• ToastedYolk2019.gdb
    71.3 KB · Views: 177
By the way, there is also the Three Little Sisters which would be perfect for you Atascocita folks.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Three Little Sisters with Lunch.gpx
    176.5 KB · Views: 260
I AM going for a ride tomorrow, somewhere. I can meet you at the Toasted Yolk at 9:30a. It's good, not my favorite, but it's good. Riding from Conroe. I know a couple good back roads up to 3090 that don't look to be on your route. I kinda despise FM105! :thumbd:

Here's a suggestion for a slight modification to your route but if you have a passion for the route you started with, I can manage. :thumb:

View attachment 230437
Always up for new good roads!

I'll see you at the toasted yolk at 0930!!!

In the meantime, I'll dig into your maps!

Back