• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Oops, suddenly realized I cut out 149. :eek2: We need to add that back in. :rider:

View attachment 230439
Ok... tweaked my route to look more like this one. We'll give that a try tomorrow. However, on the way back, since this route runs through New Waverly, I can run a bit more on 150 and catch 1725 back to Cleveland. that's a lot better road than some of those on the way back from Conroe. I'll probably just slab from Cleveland to 1960 from there...

it looks like the "little sisters" roads are the "around the lake" roads that I have in nearly all of my routes... I know those well!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 239
Sounds good, I'll follow you. Understand about 1725 it is a good road, I was on it a few days ago. But if you have never done 1484 and 1485 you should take a chance someday. But, Sunday may not be the best day. I looked back on your routes and the "Three Little Sisters" does look very much like your "Around the Lake". Start off of 223 going north to 222. A short ride on 3128, 1514, 156 to get to 224. It's funny, we just run it from the opposite ends of the loop. I usually stop in Coldspring at the Mason Jar for lunch. 224 is by far my most favorite road in the area, just not long enough and a good chance for traffic. See you in the morning, I'm riding the SuperDuke.

Sounds good, I'll follow you. Understand about 1725 it is a good road, I was on it a few days ago. But if you have never done 1484 and 1485 you should take a chance someday. But, Sunday may not be the best day. I looked back on your routes and the "Three Little Sisters" does look very much like your "Around the Lake". Start off of 223 going north to 222. A short ride on 3128, 1514, 156 to get to 224. It's funny, we just run it from the opposite ends of the loop. I usually stop in Coldspring at the Mason Jar for lunch. 224 is by far my most favorite road in the area, just not long enough and a good chance for traffic. See you in the morning, I'm riding the SuperDuke.
yep... I've done the 3128, 1514, 224, 223, 222 a lot as well. From here to Conroe, 1485 seems to be the best road. 1484... I may have to give it a shot as well.... Don't think I've done that!

See you in the morning, on a white FZ1. 0930!

Good ride today Steve. How serendipitous to run into the car show in Anderson. Didn't get any pictures of us or our bikes, but I got these.

qS3G_txp9LAaQIkVDZyYiRd1jhSeCw5_kST-b=w847-h635-no.jpg

aVEdppIxvGYrFzhZFLDFt4_9HxmtqrkFg4V5d=w847-h635-no.jpg

wdoBW20NDvLKhTkTYhGirHp2PFQXU5RvQk2j5=w847-h635-no.jpg

Great ride! Thanks for leading me to your better roads!

I didn't get any bike pics either... but i got a few car pics as well. Tapatalk doesn't want me to share, though... bummer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How odd to run into John from Wingsoft Solutions as well. He was there showing his Thundebird. He and I had a great talk about getting my Wing seat in for modifications. I'll probably do that in the next few months.

Ok... i've had a rough week.. let's ride!!!! I'll set something up based on interest!

Sorry I can't make it Steve. The only day I have to ride this week is today. I'm headed to the Hill Country Friday morning for Easter with the family. Coincidently, I email John at Wingsoft yesterday, before I saw your post, and made arrangement to go to his place in College Station, Monday for a seat upgrade for the Wing.

Wow... I guess the rough week wasn't over yet... kind of overwhelmed my thought process and I forgot riding totally... Next weekend should be better... and not Easter weekend! Sorry, Guys!

Sounds good. We could run a version around lake Livingston, or we could do 3090 and some of the tweaks that jfink showed me a couple of weeks ago.

Might even get him in on this ride!

What are you thinking?

I’m not partial to any particular route. It’s just nice to get out with fellow like-minded individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about we meet up at the country kitchen in Dayton, and maybe a run through some of jfink's roads and out to 3090 and 149? I can get a route finalized this evening!

Meet at about 0800 for breakfast, ksu by 0900?

That works for me but don’t feel obligated to start in my neck of the woods on my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... if you're going to twist my arm... how about meeting at Buster's Brew in New Caney?

That might work well and we may get a few others to bite!

Still 0800?

Ok. Route set up. Looks like about 190 miles RT from Busters' Brew in New Caney (at 494 and 1485). Jfink and I didn't get to do 1484 last ride, so it's in the route again. 149, 3090, 1485 and 1484... Should be a good ride!

Meet at Buster's at about 0800, KSU by 0900, and we're off! Chime in if you want to join us and we'll be sure we're looking for ya!

Good ride today! Perfect weather, and the traffic didn't get us on the best roads anyway! I'll do a bit of tweakk g to make that route better when i get the new GPS. 1484 and Rogers Road were good... thanks jfink! 3090 was good as usual!

Great to get out with Rick and Josh again!

Rode 3090... didn't die! No need to update the sign. :-)
6fb5a1c99b7db33b32a1fa34afffd085.jpg

OK... I got toasted by the weather-guessers! 70% / 80% rain... storms all day... it's perfect riding weather!!!!!

Unfortunately, the wife caught on, so no ride today...

How about a Sunday afternoon ride? a basic 1725 / 224 / 942, to the Smoke Shop stop? 200 +- miles? maybe a start around noon from Flying J? at 59 and 242?

OK... so I'm itching to check out the new Zumo! It's all set up... I've finally figured out Basecamp enough to get some routes reconstructed, and it's ready to go. Looks like no real ride for me today. Wife tweaked something yesterday, and I'm providing support to get her moving again.

Let's set up a ride for early Next Saturday. I know... it's Mother's Day weekend, but maybe we can get a relatively short one in and still stay out of the doghouse!!! I'll set up a basic "around the Lake" for next weekend. It sounds like I'll have to set it so I'm home close to 12 or 1...

I would like to join but will be at MSRH track day. Missed your last one too, gotta connect soon, you put on epic day trips

Back