• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

I'll get a short run together and we can call it tenative... weather permitting. This saturday got killed based on a forecast that changed late Friday night... maybe a longer 3090 and Brenham run for the following Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m good for anything as long as I don’t have to take a boat. I’m out for the weekend of the 18th due to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep... looks like a boat may be required tomorrow morning... I'll get something together for next weekend!

OK... maybe a boat won't be required this weekend. So far... it looks like 50% rain, but I'm betting on it getting better!

I'm thinking... 0800 at Flying J at 242 and 59. KSU at 0900. One of the longer "around the Lake" runs with a run out to Colmesneil and lunch at the Texas Star Cafe. About 5 hours per the Garmin... we should be back around Flying J mid afternoon. Who's fired up??? Here's a shot of the route:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 184
Ok. It looks like the rain chances are low until 2 or 3... could be good tomorrow!

Meet at 0800 at flyin J,
Kick stands up away 0900

So far, looks like 2 of us... any more?

The ride is still on. looks like a possible solo. The rain chances for us a 10 to 20% until mid afternoon. We'll be headed south by then, so it looks like a dry ride, unless we get caught in one of those little spotty showers that may pop up. I'll be at Flying J shortly after 0900. pm if I need to wait for any last minute riders!

Well. Saturday was a good ride. Ended up a solo, but I needed to get out. I did get caught in some light rain ar the beginning in Cleveland, but only about 20 or so miles of rain or wet roads.

Next weekend I play Grandpa, so I won't be setting up a ride. Start looking at the weekend after!

Ride coming for saturday...

Maybe a meet up at Busters Brew? 730? I'll put together a route. Looks like the weather will be good!

Hmmm... I found construction on my last ride to Colmesneil... we all did 3090 last time. Maybe i can put a bit of a different twist on one of the rides around lake livingston?

I'm open for suggestions. Was just thinking i should get on the maps... think I'll do that....

Ok... Here's a proposed ride route.

Meet at Buster's Brew in New Caney (FM 1485 and Loop 494), Saturday at 0730. KSU at 0830.

The route is basically a loop around the lake, including 62 through Moscow, back to the Alabama Coushatta Smoke shop, down through Segno, but instead of slabbing back to Cleveland on 787, cut off and do 223 / 222 back up to Coldspring, then back to Cleveland on 945. Final stop at Flying J.

About 240 miles.

Who is in???!!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 198
We'll see you there, thibodeauxjj!

synthlegend.... are all the roads to the south straight? I've gotta have something that looks kind of like a curve anyway... The only ones I know are north! If you've got some good roads in your neighborhood, I could head south, and you could show me some new ones!

Will have to do some more rides first.... haven't found anything real nice down here....I've ridden further south a few times.... Seabrook, Palacios, port O'Connor.

The ride Saturday was good. A bit warm, but good!

I'm thinking another one this coming Saturday!

Ended up going up north anyway. Rode around Sam Houston with @stephensatt for a few hours. We then did something called the Cheeseburger Loop which routed us via about 85% dirt/gravel out to Navasota and back to Montgomery. It was warm Saturday indeed! However I had a great time and can't wait to go back!

The ride Saturday was good. A bit warm, but good!

I'm thinking another one this coming Saturday!

It was a bit warm but not too bad once rolling. I should be free this weekend as well. Still need to get that new seat. Maybe a birthday present for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synthlegend and I ran the Cheeseburger run and that was pretty cool. It was a mix of wooded dirt/gravel trails at first through the Sam Houston National Forest and then I would say the last 2/3 of it are white limestone, and mixed / crushed gravel Country roads. All in all, if you do not deviate from the original GPX file, you could make it on most bikes. The bridge is closed on the North part of the track, and that would be after it crosses the bridge over Lake Conroe close to Huntsville going East, it then goes around going West on the North park of the trail and you see it cross the very northern part of the Lake again which is a river crossing, and that bridge is closed and based on the condition of the bridge it is going to be replaced and I don't see any construction so I bet it stays closed for some years. 2 roads in the Sam Houston forest cut north, one on each side of the bridge and they have barriers up saying they were closed. We took a chance and went around the barriers on the one West of the bridge and it was just a more muddier trail, but easily done with most dual sports, and that got us around the bridge closure. I will be posting videos soon of the ride.

I've heard of the Cheeseburger route. Sounds good... but not on the FZ1. Someday I may return to the dirt, but for now, I'm liking the paved stuff!

Back