• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Sounds Great! Hope the ride went well! I have my brake and chain maintenance work done, and I'm thinking I need a ride. I've got 7 hours to dark...

LAST MINUTE RIDE... Sunday, 5/17, 3:00 pm MEET / KSU.

I'm thinking a ride, very soon (within the hour)... headed to Dayton, up through Kennefick, potential meet up at the new convenient store at 105 and 2518 (road north out of Kenefick) at about 3:00 pm? I'll be headed soon, and i'll be there about 3:00. should be leaving Atascocita at about 2:00 pm. Been wrapped up and watching the rain this weekend, but I've got stuff done... I'm riding. should be home by dusk.

I'll be looking for riders at the convenient store, and I won't leave there until at least 3:00 pm. (I'm assuming I won't be late, but I won't be very late, if any). post up or send a PM if you're interested, and I'll check for messages when I get there!

LAST MINUTE RIDE... Sunday, 5/17, 3:00 pm MEET / KSU.

I'm thinking a ride, very soon (within the hour)... headed to Dayton, up through Kennefick, potential meet up at the new convenient store at 105 and 2518 (road north out of Kenefick) at about 3:00 pm? I'll be headed soon, and i'll be there about 3:00. should be leaving Atascocita at about 2:00 pm. Been wrapped up and watching the rain this weekend, but I've got stuff done... I'm riding. should be home by dusk.

I'll be looking for riders at the convenient store, and I won't leave there until at least 3:00 pm. (I'm assuming I won't be late, but I won't be very late, if any). post up or send a PM if you're interested, and I'll check for messages when I get there!
Once I get a new helmet I’ll have to join you on a ride! Right now after just a 3 1/2 hour ride I’m beat. I’ve got a pressure point up front. Probably because I weighed 40 lbs less when I bought it. 🤣

There was supposed to be a pic with that post.
66a3f66c0656d49ce0dfba4f2f4f8526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That ride was about 5 hours, about 260 miles.

Try several brands of helmets on, and you will find the one that truly fits. For me that's a large shoei. Once you find the one that really fits, you're set!

Saturday looks like the day to ride this weekend. Rain chances are way up for the remainder of the weekend. Looks like I will be with a roof inspector Saturday morning. Dangit! I'll try to get out as I can... maybe a late starting ride...

Once I get a new helmet I’ll have to join you on a ride! Right now after just a 3 1/2 hour ride I’m beat. I’ve got a pressure point up front. Probably because I weighed 40 lbs less when I bought it. 🤣
I’ve got the same issue...I just picked up a large G-Max modular, after 30-40 minutes my head is killing me!! I’m still searching around. Might check out the AGV line up

Put a route together this morning for a ride, since there was no rain on ther radar. I finished the route, and eain appeared in the radar, over ther route. Amazing!

With the pop up showers appearing over my entire riding area and the thunder here at the house, I ended up staying in. Not sure if it's looking better for tomorrow.

Looks like another Saturday is shot for me. How about a Sunday ride????

If you do decide to ride tomorrow, post up the route. I may do what I normally do, which is to catch up with you along the route. :)

If you do decide to ride tomorrow, post up the route. I may do what I normally do, which is to catch up with you along the route. :)

Well, if you're interested in connecting along the way, how about another of the routes up 1725 and 2963 / Hawthorne Road? We could plan on meeting up at the dirt pull off on Hawthorne Rd. If it goes as normal, I'm sure you'll find us before we get there. Let me put something together and post up!

Well, if you're interested in connecting along the way, how about another of the routes up 1725 and 2963 / Hawthorne Road? We could plan on meeting up at the dirt pull off on Hawthorne Rd. If it goes as normal, I'm sure you'll find us before we get there. Let me put something together and post up!

It's all good. If you wanted to go west or even more northeast that's alright with me. It is just southeast that I would have to think a little harder about! :)

OK. How about a meet up at Dunkin Donuts on W Lake Houston Pkwy, just north of Will Clayton around 745, Kick Stands Up (KSU) at 0830, fueled and ready. That should put us up to 2693 / Hawthorne Road before 1000. If we don't see JFink before, we'll stop at the dirt pull off on Hawthorne road, just north of Hwy 150. Fuel stops at the Valero in Onalaska and at the Fuel Maxx on 150 and 2518 (spaced about 100 miles apart.

Route is 258 miles RT from Atascocita. Arrive back in Atascocita around 3:00 or 3:30.

I can edit as needed. If this looks good, then we'll see you guys in the morning!!! The weather forecast looks good finally!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 164
Sounds good! Maybe i can get a route that works in 1484 for a future ride that ties into some of these... i can get them into the 3090 routes easily... we'll see what i can do for the next one!

Fo you have more roads i should look for to the north that don't require a lot of slabbing?

Sounds good! Maybe i can get a route that works in 1484 for a future ride that ties into some of these... i can get them into the 3090 routes easily... we'll see what i can do for the next one!

Fo you have more roads i should look for to the north that don't require a lot of slabbing?

I do, but they require going further North. There are non-freeway type roads to get there like FM247 north out of Huntsville. East of Centerville, FM811 to FM1511 to FM831 is a great route, but way north. The road across from Leona, FM977 all the way west to Hwy3 then back down to Normangee is also a lot of fun. FM2289 east of Normangee down almost to Madisonville is good too. It's a good route home. Not too far north are FM980 from Riverside to Huntsville (runs right by Scott Friday's place) you can get on 980 by turning left before crossing the bridge into Onalaska. It isn't real great until you cross 19 at Riverside. Off of FM930 is FM3478 to FM230 into Trinity. FM230 is a fun little road. Might make a good alternative to some of the more eastern loops you now have in your northern loop. If you wanted to go way east, the road that runs on the other side of Toledo Bend LA-191 in Louisiana is a fun road (watch out for LA pohpoh). And getting there can be somewhat of a drag, Rec Rd 255 over is the best I've found.

There's a few. If I took a little more time, I probably could come up with a few more. :)

Thanks!

The biggest limitation I have is that most people don't want to do the longer rides.

I'll have to see what I can do with all that and work up some new routes... they may end up being new "butt burners"...

I do have some routes out to the San Augustine area, but that makes a long ride, and getting there isn't the best for good roads.

How much dirt is this going to be? Ballpark figure...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A round ballpark number is zero, give or take .01 of a percent. David, this is pretty much a road ride. :)

Thanks!

The biggest limitation I have is that most people don't want to do the longer rides.

I'll have to see what I can do with all that and work up some new routes... they may end up being new "butt burners"...

I do have some routes out to the San Augustine area, but that makes a long ride, and getting there isn't the best for good roads.

I understand, there are lots of great roads to ride in this country, but most require quite a bit of travel to get there.

That little loop though, from 980 to 3478 to 230 really wouldn't require much change on a later ride. See you tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

None. I'm riding an FZ1. it doesn't like dirt. All my rides are pavement, unless I just mess up the route, or we discover construction that I didn't expect.

I understand, there are lots of great roads to ride in this country, but most require quite a bit of travel to get there.

That little loop though, from 980 to 3478 to 230 really wouldn't require much change on a later ride. See you tomorrow.

Very True! I'm looking into some possibilities. If we go even further north, there was a great BBQ join in Rusk that was good. All Star Bar-B-Q.

Back