• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

OK. I'm thinking I'll do this one. about 300 miles, about 6 hours road time. Plan on leaving Texan Mart at WLHP and Aeriobic in Atascocita at 0800 +-.

I haven't done the Colmesneil loop since the construction started on 1745, so I'm headed up there. It may be a bit more of a mile ride, based on input from Cello. If anybody wants to come along, post up or PM! Otherwise, I may be winging it if it's a solo.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 115
Here I am thinking everyone has been too busy to ride, but the Tapatalk app and forum had signed me out. I’ll catch you guys on the next one.

Here I am thinking everyone has been too busy to ride, but the Tapatalk app and forum had signed me out. I’ll catch you guys on the next one.
Sorry I missed you on this one! I guess I should have sent out a group text to all that I have phone numbers for.

There were some spammer issues with tapatalk and it got disconnected from TWT. May not come back. Logging in and bookmarking the main TWT site will get you to the mobile version, and it's working well on my phone. I just put the bookmark on my home page and make sure I let it push notifications. I like the mobile connection better than TT anyway. Not everybody agrees with me... but I like it.

Today was perfect weather, and I took it at a little milder pace than normal... with all the rain there are a few more gravel spots, but not too bad. The road kill is on the rise, though, and I think I saw Alfred Hitchcock along the way with all the birds scavenging! 1745 is open again, and I had to do the Colmesneil run. I ended up doing the east side of 256 rather than backtracking on the west side. I like the east side from Colmesneil better anyway!

Sorry, I was out of town and I’m on call this coming weekend. Commuting is the only riding I’m getting in for the next 2 weeks...

Re: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble are riders!

Perfect idea....we can show you some great roads out here...listeria not included...
Hello there! I'm coming from Sugarland/Richmond area. Do you have a precanned route/ride of the area that you'd be willing to share?

Saturday works for me. Sunday I have a first communion to go to for my nephew.

Hello there! I'm coming from Sugarland/Richmond area. Do you have a precanned route/ride of the area that you'd be willing to share?
Drmototx - Saturday it is! Have you ever done the Colmesneil run? We could do that one. About 300 miles from Atascocita. Or... we could do the SHNF / 149 and 3090 if that sounds better. Good curves on that run. I think it's about the same distance.

Synthlegend - i have a 7 hour route that I could export to a kml and gpx file and share. It's kind of a "trimmed" version of my big Brenham route. About 7 hours round trip from Buc-ees in Waller, and comes to Chapel hill Bakery at about lunch time of bbq is in the works. I'll get those to you, if that sounds good. Includes 3090 north of Navasota... great road!

For Saturday, it looks like the Colmeneil route is about 45 minutes longer than the 3090 loop. The 3090 loop gets in a mix of good curves, some interesting forest roads that are paved, but not fast, a couple of "I hear banjos" sections, and a little twisty road that is really cool just off of 149. About 260 miles. I don't think I've done some of those rides when it wasn't a solo... Some jfink roads, some from Silver Bullet, and a couple that I found on my own. A good mix. Green route first, blue back.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 119
KSU Saturday around 0800 from the Texan Mart at West Lake Houston Pkwy and Aerobic in Atascocita? It looks like another yard work weekend... this has to end soon! but the shorter route works better for the current schedule.

Route looks good to me. I‘ll just be happy to stretch out a little farther than my normal commute! Haha

The truck driver had that much on his shoes. :argh:

Wayyyyyy back in 4/26/15

Re: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble are riders!

Its sad to say but we are hauling 80 tons a day of Blue Bell to the dump....they have over 55,000 pallets going to the dump...if ya'll decide to come this way let us know...any questions your welcome to call...979-251-6249...Keith

Hey Blue Flash...head to my area...lol
A couple of us were out there a couple of weeks ago. Had a bike drop at the Bakery and cut the ride short. We'll have to get out there again soon! Even after trimming, it was a 9 hour ride RT from Atascocita (if we had finished), but it's a good ride. Tomorrow we'll be at least doing 3090, but I have some major landscaping to get done... need to keep the ride a little shorter.

Blue Bell is good... but I still miss my Braums. Unfortunately, they don't get much further south than DFW.

Back