• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston to Livingston Lake - Redoux!

Reaction score
UPDATE:: Due to the Extreme Response of available riders, (hehehe) New meeting location, start time:

Jitters on West Lake Houston Pkw (north of Mojo's) in Atascocita
12:00 Noon, Sunday 16 Feb.

OK...

As a board newbie, I got lots of road info from Tourmeister, put a route together, and set it up...

http://goo.gl/maps/IVHzW

We got on the road, and although not the dragon, it wasn't bad... However, I crashed the FZ1 at Turn "J". Bummer of a way to kick off the first ride!

OK, so that was November 24, and my ride until last Sunday. It felt like the shoulder was ready to go do this again (without a get off!).

Looks like about a 4 hour ride from Atascocita, about 180 miles.

Weather should be around 60 at meeting time, and a high in the low 70s... partly cloudy (according to weatherbug)... Looks good to me!

Who is in???

IndyRC.... If you're in, I owe you lunch!

Last edited:
I might be down for this. I'll have to play it by ear though. I'm glad to see you're riding again.

Sunday's are hard - that's a church day! I'll see if I can get a liberty card.....

UPDATE: No Joy. Have someone coming over Sunday AM to pick up a jacket they are buying.

Last edited:
Understand. I'll try to do Saturdays after this one. Couldn't get reservations for Valentine's day, so I'm taking the wife out Saturday. Trying to keep that day clear for this one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Some Start time flexibility?

OK, so I'm trying to keep the wife in Priority 1 position... We actually met on Valentines day, 15 years ago... got to spend some time with my sweetie...

However, if it helps for the Sunday ride...

a meet up at Jitters in Atascocita at noon on sunday instead? That may provide some flexibility around church, and if any others want to meet up at the Flying J, we would be about 30 to 45 minutes from Jitters to Flying J.

Suggestions welcome!

Sounds like a schedule change is in the works. I'll update the initial post this evening. I'm ready for a ride!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If I'm home, I'll wave as y'all ride by! I rode most of that route after work yesterday.

It was great to see IndyRC and jerrythi make the ride. Great to meet you Jerry! I'll have to see if I can get a few pics posted.

Btw.... that camouflaged gravel that I crashed in back in November sure didn't seem so we'll hidden today. ... maybe my brain just took a few minutes off in that first ride. Hmmmm....

It was great to see IndyRC and jerrythi make the ride. Great to meet you Jerry! I'll have to see if I can get a few pics posted.

Btw.... that camouflaged gravel that I crashed in back in November sure didn't seem so we'll hidden today. ... maybe my brain just took a few minutes off in that first ride. Hmmmm....
Really good to meet everyone! enjoyed the ride and the route! Looking forward to riding with you again!

A few pictures.
emehyzuj.jpg
edeqy5at.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It was a great ride and good weather. Nice meeting everybody. Thanks to Blue Flash for setting it up.

I have to agree... perfect weather, a great group of riders, and some good roads. Perfect Sunday afternoon ride! We actually stuck to the route and I only missed one turn! Saw it though... and we got there.

I did run the GoPro a bit in still mode, and it never seems to shoot at the pristine time, but here are a few shots that seemed to be good...

One shot from FM 2693, and then one from Hwy 224... After 224, we reached 190 and stopped for fuel.

Attachments

• GOPR7414.jpg
    GOPR7414.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 184
  • GOPR7459.jpg
    GOPR7459.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Crash ride redo bikes.jpg
    Crash ride redo bikes.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 185
A couple more shots... the first one is the allegedly "camouflaged" gravel that crashed me back in November... it doesn't look so well camouflaged now, huh? Guess I wasn't focused in the right direction at the time. Bummer!

OK... not going to end on that note... one more... from Hwy 945. I wish I had turned the camera back on for the little bit of curves on 1010 through Plum Grove... but I wasn't thinking... we ran that road pretty slow. Passed a state trooper just south of Plum Grove, and I wasn't sure what the speed limit was... or if he had caught up from behind (saw headlights back there)... I think the speed limit is 15 or 20 or 45 or 55... :giveup:

OK... great ride guys! I'll have to put another one together soon.... anybody up to a longer ride??? like... a couple of hours longer????

Attachments

• GOPR7480.jpg
    GOPR7480.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 184
  • GOPR7538.jpg
    GOPR7538.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 187
well, i'm thinking me not making this ride might have been a good thing. i don't think any of these bikes would be able to keep up with my modified KLR. NOPE.:mrgreen:

Would y'all be interested in hitting it again this Saturday? I'm not 100% yet, but my plan is to go in the morning before I take the Speedy in for it's 600 mile service. I'll lead a similar, yet slightly different route than Blue Flash did.

Back