• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need a ride to New Mexico?

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
Short notice. I'm leaving Friday for northern New Mexico. I'm wanting to share a tow vehicle and trailer to save time getting out of Texas. My vehicle or yours, it does not matter to me. I have a parking place in Taos. One way or both, your choice. Have references. :-P:-P:-P

Short notice. I'm leaving Friday for northern New Mexico. I'm wanting to share a tow vehicle and trailer to save time getting out of Texas. My vehicle or yours, it does not matter to me. I have a parking place in Taos. One way or both, your choice. Have references. :-P:-P:-P
What type ride?

What type ride?
I'm getting old and hard to ride with because of my riding style. My bike limits me to back roads and about 70 MPH. I go on rides with others, but only if they do all the planning. I'm just offering a ride to Taos for a bike and a person, or maybe two. Split gas. I go my way, you go yours. I'm going to visit several spots in NM that, in the past, I made the mistake of passing up. You can ride your bike back, drive my truck back, or we can ride back in the tow vehicle together. I need to be back in Texas about the 8th of October plus or minus a day or two. In 2020, randypower and I left San Antonio at noon and rode a trail in Moab at 7:00 the next morning. After reloading and driving to Idaho, randpower's son drove the truck back, randypower did part of the CDT, some BDRs and rode his bike home and I rode 14,000 miles and got home ten weeks later. A similar situation would be ideal.

I'm getting old and hard to ride with because of my riding style. My bike limits me to back roads and about 70 MPH. I go on rides with others, but only if they do all the planning. I'm just offering a ride to Taos for a bike and a person, or maybe two. Split gas. I go my way, you go yours. I'm going to visit several spots in NM that, in the past, I made the mistake of passing up. You can ride your bike back, drive my truck back, or we can ride back in the tow vehicle together. I need to be back in Texas about the 8th of October plus or minus a day or two. In 2020, randypower and I left San Antonio at noon and rode a trail in Moab at 7:00 the next morning. After reloading and driving to Idaho, randpower's son drove the truck back, randypower did part of the CDT, some BDRs and rode his bike home and I rode 14,000 miles and got home ten weeks later. A similar situation would be ideal.
Sounds like you're gonna have a great time. Wish I could go; there's still alot of NM I need to explore.

Hi Dennie. I might be able to make this work. I am currently planning to visit a friend in Gunnison, arriving there Friday night (planning to leave Thursday after work), and returning by end of day Tuesday. Plan is to truck with my CRF and ride around Gunnison to leaf peep on Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday. Tight turnaround for me but I'm a working stiff.

Taos is 4 hours from Gunnison so that's close, and my departure time (Thursday evening) is close to your departure time (Friday). I'll give you a call today and see if we can align.

Hi Dennie. I might be able to make this work. I am currently planning to visit a friend in Gunnison, arriving there Friday night (planning to leave Thursday after work), and returning by end of day Tuesday. Plan is to truck with my CRF and ride around Gunnison to leaf peep on Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday. Tight turnaround for me but I'm a working stiff.

Taos is 4 hours from Gunnison so that's close, and my departure time (Thursday evening) is close to your departure time (Friday). I'll give you a call today and see if we can align.
Eat breakfast at The W when in Gunnison and dinner across the street at the steak house Mr. Lucky.

Back