• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need Carburetor work, valve adjustment, etc for 1992 Yamaha TDM850 - San Antonio area

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Warren
Looking for someone who can work on my 1992 Yamaha TDM850 here in San Antonio or surrounding area. Needs some carburetor work as it will start and idle fine, wide open is fine but stumbles mid throttle. It also might be time for valve clearance check / adjustment. Would prefer an individual or Independent shop. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

San Marcos Motorcycles. Ask for Phil. Tell him Samuel sent you. I'd offer to do it myself but I am slammed with my day job right now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

As a former TDM owner....heres a tip...
The carb needles & needle jets wear notoriously. Factory Pro used to have a kit with titainium needles & nickel plated jets that cured carb problems....it did on mine.
There is also an issue with the stock vacuum fuel pump which owners cured using an electric R1 pump I think. I never did this mod to mine though.

San Marcos Motorcycles. Ask for Phil. Tell him Samuel sent you. I'd offer to do it myself but I am slammed with my day job right now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thank you. Was hoping for a little closer but will definitely keep this in mind.

As a former TDM owner....heres a tip...
The carb needles & needle jets wear notoriously. Factory Pro used to have a kit with titainium needles & nickel plated jets that cured carb problems....it did on mine.
There is also an issue with the stock vacuum fuel pump which owners cured using an electric R1 pump I think. I never did this mod to mine though.
Carbs were rebuilt 35,000 miles ago and used the Factory Pro nickle plated Emulsion tubes. Also has an electric fuel pump. It is just time for some more maintenance and this time someone else will be doing it ! Thanks for the tips !

Back