• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need help with a fault code...2015 GS

Rtm58

Reaction score
I ran an auto scan with my GS 911 tool. Several fault codes appeared, but all said they were not present except one. In the XSLD area (keyless entry), code 80401D----Tank Switch Error. I assumed this meant the tank filler cap was not closed. I checked. It was. There was a second code in this system that said it was not present...80402B--Preconditions For Locking Not Fulfilled. Bike does not start. Battery has a full charge. Trying to avoid a 3 hour drive to my nearest bmw dealer dragging a trailer, to fix something minor. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

, code 80401D----Tank Switch Error. I
Here is the description:

The electronic immobilizer EWS control unit detects a short circuit of the fuel filler cap switch.
The fault is detected if the fuel filler cap switch is continuously operated with the ignition switched off. The control unit input is switched off after 10 minutes

Check wires, wiring harness and plug connectors to the fuel filler cap switch.
Check plug connector wiring harness to the DME.
Check fuel filler cap switch.

.80402B--Preconditions For Locking Not Fulfilled.

80402B :

Description of fault
Electrical handlebar locking conditions for fault entry:
ignition off while driving
wake up wiring (terminal 15) activ while locking
speedsignal lost while driving ABS-fault

Id clear the code and see if it returns

Back