• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need some Pie Scouts

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am working up the 2007 schedule and I'm trying to get some new places into the mix. After some searching on the web, I've found a few places that might be of interest. I need someone to make a sacrifice and try out the food and pie and report back.

Here are the locations:

Joe's Family Restaurant
300 N. St. Marys
Carthage, Texas
693-6282

Cupcake Cafe
16525 Lexington Blvd
Sugar Land, TX 77479
(281) 242-2744

Edgar & Gladys' Cafe
300 Front St
Nordheim, TX 78141
(361) 938-7074

Cafe Chris
1350 W Oaklawn Rd
Pleasanton, TX 78064

Chris' Country Kitchen
658 10th St - map
Floresville, TX 78114

Riverside Cafe
1225 Carroll Lane
La Grange, TX 78945

Texas Star Cafe
24131 Bastrop Rd
New Ulm, TX 78950
979-992-3522

Zur Autobahn
10668 Hwy 22
Meridian, TX
(254) 597 2500

Last edited:
ZIM:

Check out: "The Blue Bonnet Cafe" in Marble Falls... Their pies are all "home made" and SUPERB. Their style is "rural country cooking" and they are quite popular among motorcyclists. No credit cards, cash only. Their "Picante" sauce is "muy picante" and their portion sizes are not skimpy. Their location is easy to find, on US 281 about 3 blocks after one crosses the bridge over Lake Marble Falls northbound. They are on the east side of the street on a corner. Most of the parking is in the rear.

Superb riding in the area includes: TX 71 from Austin to US 281 5 mi south of Marble Falls. RR 1431 from just south of Georgetown on I-35 to Marble Falls...about 30 mi of FINE twisty hilly terrain with nice views (once you get past Lago Vista westbound, the road gets GOOD.) And of course, Park Road 4 in Inks Lake State Park... PR 4 joins US 281 about 5 mi south of Burnet and loops thru Long Horn Caverns Statge Park and Inks Lake State Park joining TX 29 just a bit east of the dam at Lake Buchannan. PR 4 was my play ground for years... 5 mi of almost constant tight twisties....

JR
Lake Livingston

The Texas Star Cafe in New Ulm is definitely large enough to handle a TWT pie run and they serve very good food. I know they offer pie and other desserts, but I can't really tell you how much of a selection they've got. A phone call could probably settle that.

JR said:
ZIM:

Check out: "The Blue Bonnet Cafe" in Marble Falls... Their pies are all "home made" and SUPERB. Their style is "rural country cooking" and they are quite popular among motorcyclists. No credit cards, cash only. Their "Picante" sauce is "muy picante" and their portion sizes are not skimpy. Their location is easy to find, on US 281 about 3 blocks after one crosses the bridge over Lake Marble Falls northbound. They are on the east side of the street on a corner. Most of the parking is in the rear.

Superb riding in the area includes: TX 71 from Austin to US 281 5 mi south of Marble Falls. RR 1431 from just south of Georgetown on I-35 to Marble Falls...about 30 mi of FINE twisty hilly terrain with nice views (once you get past Lago Vista westbound, the road gets GOOD.) And of course, Park Road 4 in Inks Lake State Park... PR 4 joins US 281 about 5 mi south of Burnet and loops thru Long Horn Caverns Statge Park and Inks Lake State Park joining TX 29 just a bit east of the dam at Lake Buchannan. PR 4 was my play ground for years... 5 mi of almost constant tight twisties....

JR
Lake Livingston

The Bluebonnet Cafe is already in the regular rotation, but thanks!

scratch said:
The Texas Star Cafe in New Ulm is definitely large enough to handle a TWT pie run and they serve very good food. I know they offer pie and other desserts, but I can't really tell you how much of selection they've got. A phone call could probably settle that.

OK. I'll call 'em.

wczimmerman said:
I am working up the 2007 schedule.... I need someone to make a sacrifice and try out the food and pie and report back.

Here are the locations:

Edgar & Gladys' Cafe
300 Front St
Nordheim, TX 78141
(361) 938-7074

There's some interesting roads to ride in this area (mainly west of here) but I bet it would raise a few eyebrows if a 'horde' (30 to 40 cycles :rider: ) of pie-eating TWTEX'ers decended on this town of about 300 residents :shock: :twitch: :rofl: :rider:

I have eaten in this town but not at the cafe mentioned.

I'll try to check out the Cupcake in Sugarland this week.

I'll hit up the Meredian joint. It'll probably be the end of next week at the earliest.

if somebody can get there sooner your more then welcome, just don't tell me so I have an excuse to go eat pie ;)

Doesn't Faylaricia's Mom run the Meridian place?

Tourmeister said:
Doesn't Faylaricia's Mom run the Meridian place?

Yes, I PM'ed Chris with more info.

It will be too small for a full-blown pie run. I'd only suggest it for a smaller localized event like the simultaneous pie runs we may have again... :shrug:

I thought I'd seen that name somewhere...

I wonder if we could perhaps get your mom to cater some pies to park or something vs storming her restaurant.

Meridian has a nice state park just a bit out of town there.

tx-vfr said:
I thought I'd seen that name somewhere...

I wonder if we could perhaps get your mom to cater some pies to park or something vs storming her restaurant.

Meridian has a nice state park just a bit out of town there.

That is definitely a possibility!

The park is very nice and actually a great idea.

I'll have to make a run down there and see what I can find out. maybe next weekend

Zim ... just tell me which ones you need checked out, and I'll make sure to ride out there and check them all out. Maybe I can even hit 4-5 in one day ... I think the electronic suspension on the RT is up to the task of continual preload adjustments. :)

Rocket_Cowboy said:
Zim ... just tell me which ones you need checked out, and I'll make sure to ride out there and check them all out. Maybe I can even hit 4-5 in one day ... I think the electronic suspension on the RT is up to the task of continual preload adjustments. :)

:rofl: :clap:

Too funny!

The following places need to be scouted out:

Joe's Family Restaurant
300 N. St. Marys
Carthage, Texas
693-6282

Edgar & Gladys' Cafe
300 Front St
Nordheim, TX 78141
(361) 938-7074

Cafe Chris
1350 W Oaklawn Rd
Pleasanton, TX 78064

Chris' Country Kitchen
658 10th St - map
Floresville, TX 78114

Riverside Cafe
1225 Carroll Lane
La Grange, TX 78945

Chris, I can check out Pleasanton and Floresville probably at least one of
them this week.

I can hit the Carthage place on Saturday. I will call tomorrow to confirm they are open on the weekend. Will report back Sunday.

wczimmerman said:
:rofl: :clap:

Too funny!

The following places need to be scouted out:

Joe's Family Restaurant
300 N. St. Marys
Carthage, Texas
693-6282

Edgar & Gladys' Cafe
300 Front St
Nordheim, TX 78141
(361) 938-7074

Cafe Chris
1350 W Oaklawn Rd
Pleasanton, TX 78064

Chris' Country Kitchen
658 10th St - map
Floresville, TX 78114

Riverside Cafe
1225 Carroll Lane
La Grange, TX 78945

I can do all those in less than 940 miles from my doorstep to all 5. Hmm ... might be a good excuse to put some miles in this weekend. :)

Back