• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Needing new jacket

Brojon

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Smith
It's time for a new jacket. I'm trying to find a nice 3/4 length 3 season mesh jacket.
I used to have a Tourmaster Intake jacket that I really liked but I can't seem to find a 3/4 length mesh in their current lineup.
Found a Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion Summit jacket that ticked off all the spots but it's discontinued and none anywhere in an XL.
I'm trying to keep the cost under $300. My needs are simple:
Mesh with good flow
Shoulder, elbow and bonus for back armor. (The Joe Rocket had it!)
3/4 length.
Hi-vis would be nice but I'd settle for black/white.
Anyone point me to such an animal?
So far the only thing I can find that isn't discontinued/unavailable is Cycle Gear Sedici Marco. I hear their quality has gotten pretty good.
Thanks!

Just FYI in case someone else is looking for a 3/4 jacket - I could only find 2:
Cycle Gear Sedici Marco
Tourmaster Horizon series Ridgecrest.
I went with the Ridgecrest as it's just a better jacket for what I wanted.6
Has nice sized front pockets much like my Fieldsheer and is rated very good for airflow,
It also happens to be pretty light for a jacket with CE 2 armor. I think they said 6 lbs.

Jon, I'm looking for a Tourmaster jacket also, where did you buy yours?
I have a Tourmaster jacket now and it has worked well for me.
Did you get the pants also?

I have the Sedici Marco and so far it has been a good jacket. It has good airflow and I like the pocket design for easy access while riding. I wore it without the liner and got caught in rain today. Even with the liner no way that jacket will keep you dry. But I’ve worn it in 98 degree weather and as long as I keep drinking way I stay comfortable. I’ve done mostly short and day trips with it but I have worn it 12 hours a day for several days in a row on a long trip. I will see how it holds up but so far there isn’t really anything that I wish was better about it

I have the Sedici Marco and so far it has been a good jacket. It has good airflow and I like the pocket design for easy access while riding. I wore it without the liner and got caught in rain today. Even with the liner no way that jacket will keep you dry. But I’ve worn it in 98 degree weather and as long as I keep drinking way I stay comfortable. I’ve done mostly short and day trips with it but I have worn it 12 hours a day for several days in a row on a long trip. I will see how it holds up but so far there isn’t really anything that I wish was better about it
I gave that a long hard look but ultimately I wanted something I could get HiViz since I commute everyday.
They did look like a well made jacket although I wish they had more color variety. I think they were trying too hard to make it look like a normal jacket.
I also don't think they come with any armor.

I gave that a long hard look but ultimately I wanted something I could get HiViz since I commute everyday.
They did look like a well made jacket although I wish they had more color variety. I think they were trying too hard to make it look like a normal jacket.
I also don't think they come with any armor.
It comes with removable armor in the shoulders and elbows and a light pad on the back that can be upgraded if desired

How do you like that Ridgecrest jacket. I’m intrigued by their Horizon Line, but haven’t seen many reviews yet.

How do you like that Ridgecrest jacket. I’m intrigued by their Horizon Line, but haven’t seen many reviews yet.
So far - zero complaints - two nits, one of which my wife fixed.
I was annoyed the mesh pockets aren't "staked" in place and thus sometime pull out with whatever you had in there.
It was fixed very simply by a couple of stitches at each corner.
Nit #2 is the main zipper has to be aligned carefully to engage. After a bit it's second nature.
It really is a nice jacket with nice features.
We haven't had any blazing hot days like we have in the past few years but the couple of 95F days we had it wasn't any big deal.
The jacket flows air very well.

So far - zero complaints - two nits, one of which my wife fixed.
I was annoyed the mesh pockets aren't "staked" in place and thus sometime pull out with whatever you had in there.
It was fixed very simply by a couple of stitches at each corner.
Nit #2 is the main zipper has to be aligned carefully to engage. After a bit it's second nature.
It really is a nice jacket with nice features.
We haven't had any blazing hot days like we have in the past few years but the couple of 95F days we had it wasn't any big deal.
The jacket flows air very well.
That’s good to know. All of the Horizon Line looks like it has a lot of features for the money. My Scorpion Yosemite still has a lot of life in it, but I like to keep my eyes out on future options.

I'm a big Klim fanboy (look at my profile pic, its like a Klim add), but the Sedici stuff is hard to beat for the money. I sucked it up and got a Baja S4 and it is incredible. You have to have an overgarment if it gets cool because it vents so well.

Back