• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Negative Scanning/Printing

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
I have inherited a large number of negatives from my mother. The majority are b&w 120 or 620 size. She doesn't remember where the prints are or if they might have been tossed over the years. These were buried in one of my dad's dresser drawers.

Does anyone have a suggestion on scanning/printing services that I can trust with these? I have Googled and a lot of horror stories are out there of people sending negatives and never seeing them again or money being taken and never getting anything back but the negatives or negatives being destroyed/damaged during scanning.

I realize this is going to probably be expensive, but I really would like to at least get some contact sheets.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

It looks like they only handle 35mm negatives, but if you come across any of those I've used these folks several times for video conversions, slide conversions, etc.

Thanks. They are almost all 120/620 type.

That service would be great for my mom to xfer all of the Cowboy's games from the 1980 season to whenever my dad stopped recording them. There are piles and piles of VCR tapes that I just refuse to even do anything with. When we sell the house they will go into dumpster unless she wants them xfered.

Find something that will scan them in natural colors then invert colors with software.

That service would be great for my mom to xfer all of the Cowboy's games from the 1980 season to whenever my dad stopped recording them.
Even though your dad recorded them they are still copyrighted material and they may not convert those. You would need to check with them first.

Back