• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

New at Gulf Coast BMW/Triumph

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Hello everyone,

Last week I started on a new career path, which is selling BMW and Triumph motorcycles at Gulf Coast BMW/Triumph in South Houston. I have known the people there for many years and I am grateful for the opportunity to work there. The BMW showroom was recently remodeled and the latest BMW riding gear (jackets, boots, etc.) is starting to arrive. I'm a long time BMW rider, so if anyone has any questions about bikes please contact me, or stop by the dealership to visit.

Thanks,
Robert Stallones
rstallones@gulfcoastmotorcycle.com

http://www.gulfcoastmotorcycle.com/

i-wqGCW6Q-L.jpg

i-rKDnDnB-L.jpg

It looks a lot different from when I dropped by there a few years ago to buy my Gerbings' gear.

So Junior, does this mean I can buy a BMW from you for a change?
Senior

I will stop in and say hello, I have a customer right across the freeway he has a GS1200 and brings it in for service

Hopefully their customer service has improved with the new look too. My experience has been less than stellar. I was wanting to buy a new RT this past fall. I arranged an extended demo of 60 miles, which was approved (I'm assuming by Cliff)since I was driving 2.5 hrs to get there. I end up getting a phone call while I'm in SE Houston telling me that they're sorry. If I want to do the test ride I need to draft the money for the bike (that's coming from their new finance manager). That's after buying two bikes from them since 2011. A S1000RR and a Street Triple R. They need to realize demo rides are vital, as well as maybe retaining a loyal customer. At any rate, good luck to you.

Yes, this would be great. :lol2: And definitely a change after buying bikes from you for 20 years.

So Junior, does this mean I can buy a BMW from you for a change?
Senior

Dang, I don't have any idea why that happened. Test rides aren't a problem now, and all we need is a copy of your driver's license (with M/C endorsement) and a credit card number as a damage deposit. There are some new people there, with me being the newest, and we are working on making everything better. Also, I rode a new RT over the weekend. It is a change from my GS, and I really like it and want one. :rider:

Robert

Hopefully their customer service has improved with the new look too. My experience has been less than stellar. I was wanting to buy a new RT this past fall. I arranged an extended demo of 60 miles, which was approved (I'm assuming by Cliff)since I was driving 2.5 hrs to get there. I end up getting a phone call while I'm in SE Houston telling me that they're sorry. If I want to do the test ride I need to draft the money for the bike (that's coming from their new finance manager). That's after buying two bikes from them since 2011. A S1000RR and a Street Triple R. They need to realize demo rides are vital, as well as maybe retaining a loyal customer. At any rate, good luck to you.

Dang, I don't have any idea why that happened. Test rides aren't a problem now, and all we need is a copy of your driver's license (with M/C endorsement) and a credit card number as a damage deposit. There are some new people there, with me being the newest, and we are working on making everything better. Also, I rode a new RT over the weekend. It is a change from my GS, and I really like it and want one. :rider:

Robert

In their defense, they've never had a problem allowing a 6-12 mile demo ride. That's what sold me on my Street Triple R. I was unsure if the RT would suit my needs/wants having never owned a touring bike and wanted extended seat time to make an informed $25,000 decision beyond that small loop in Hobby traffic. I was specifically told by a salesman (I won't name him/her) that I would never be satisfied etc., while they would routinely bad mouth the owner, and talk about how they were fed up and that it might be their last day (everyday). I hope you're afforded the autonomy to actually get bikes sold. I'd stop by, but I know they don't miss me but the feeling is mutual.

Good luck in S. Houston. :thumb:

Bought my GS from them and most of the parts. Cliff is a good guy. Never had a problem with demos. When I demoed the GS (my first boxer ride) I was disenchanted with the performance and vibration. I told them my concerns, passed on the bike and started looking at other big DS bikes. They called me two weeks later and said they sorted out the bike and did I want to ride it again. Went in rode it, they fixed it so I bought it that day. They even offered me a brand new Rocket III for a loaner when the GS was in for an extended stay waiting for parts from Germany.

I agree on the BMW side. On the Triumph side, they are ok, but don't like to deal. I've tried to deal on 2 different Tiger 800 XC's with no luck. After the first time, I went to another dealer and left with a Speed Triple instead. I'm still not sure how that happened LOL. The second time was this year. I found better deals but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

GSer, I wish you luck in your new job. It seems like it would be fun at times to help make people happy on their new machines :rider:

Robert

The credit card deposit for a test ride thing,never heard of this before? Is that a BMW thing or dealership deal? Never had to leave a deposit to test ride a bike before from any dealership or individual. Is that company policy or has this become industry standard?

That joint is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Went in there and ordered me a new beemer, it came in without the electronic cruise control, they wouldn't order me another one, instead they wanted to install it in the back at a stupid additional price. Same owner, different sales people today I'm sure. Stay away from there if your looking for a new scooter. Side note to new salesman, keep that resume circulating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

If a bike is not a designated demo from the company and noted as such with the floor plan company you are only allowed 100 miles. If a floor checker finds a bike with over 100 miles when they come in monthly you have to pay off that bike immediately. So a dealer has to watch mileage on all their bikes on the floor.

You don't actually have to leave a deposit. The credit card # is just in case there is damage done.

The credit card deposit for a test ride thing,never heard of this before? Is that a BMW thing or dealership deal? Never had to leave a deposit to test ride a bike before from any dealership or individual. Is that company policy or has this become industry standard?

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it.

If a bike is not a designated demo from the company and noted as such with the floor plan company you are only allowed 100 miles. If a floor checker finds a bike with over 100 miles when they come in monthly you have to pay off that bike immediately. So a dealer has to watch mileage on all their bikes on the floor.

Man... that blue GS is REALLY calling to me... Must look away...

Yesterday I heard it whisper something, so I got close to it and listened carefully until it said it again. It said, "Scott...Scott...ride me home. Take me to pie." :lol2:

Man... that blue GS is REALLY calling to me... Must look away...

It would be financial suicide... Not too mention marital suicide... :lol2:

Here is txtinman getting ready to head home on his new GS. Thank you very much, Mike! I hope that the bike takes you on many great trips! :rider:

i-4fxp2GN-L.jpg

Robert

Robert, congratulations on your new job.

Here is txtinman getting ready to head home on his new GS. Thank you very much, Mike! I hope that the bike takes you on many great trips! :rider:

i-4fxp2GN-L.jpg

Robert
I can't say enough about how nice the buying experience at Gulf Coast BMW was. Robert and everyone else were really great to me. So much so I even bought a new helmet while I was there. You should stop in and check them out.

The bike is great and I wish I could say I had a good ride home, but I can't. I had to beat feet to get to work that night and the Houston traffic was... well it was Houston traffic. I'll get her on some better roads soon.

Thanks again Robert.

Looks great! Just FYI, Hepco-Becker makes crash bars that match the frame color (anthracite). I tested mine in a tip over and they worked very well.

Back