• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Braunfels ADV Riders Meet & Ride - 11/28/21

Reaction score
New Braunfels ADV Riders Meet & Ride

When: Sunday - 11/28/21
Time: 11:00am
Where: Smokey Mo's BBQ
1862 TX-46 Ste 103, New Braunfels, TX 78132

I'm going to go have lunch at Smokey Mo's at 11am and then afterward I'm going to go do a ~70 mile, curvy, paved loop ride around Canyon Lake and down River Road.

I'm hoping some local New Braunfels ADV riders will come out and join me for lunch and/or a ride afterward.

Ride will probably depart around 11:30pm or so if you just want to skip lunch and do the ride.

**If doing the ride, make sure to show up with enough gas to make the loop as there are no planned gas stops on the route. And as always, either bring flat repair necessities with you or have a pickup plan in case of a flat tire during the ride.**

1638029833218.png

Last edited:

randypower

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Gonna see if i can work this out!

How much dirt is there on the route? Maybe I can convince @RoverT to hop on a bike too, before he heads back to school. He doesn't like riding much, so it could be hopeless.

Reaction score
Gonna see if i can work this out!

How much dirt is there on the route? Maybe I can convince @RoverT to hop on a bike too, before he heads back to school. He doesn't like riding much, so it could be hopeless.
Zero dirt.

I put the ride together as there are some folks on FB ADV groups that say they own ADV bikes, live in NB, but never get out to ride with a group.

Some also said they haven't done dirt. So, I figured I'd put together an easy, all paved, scenic route with a lot of curves as a good intro ride and hope to coax some out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will be in for future rides. Currently only have a 150cc scooter but (hopefully) picking up a new street bike next weekend. I need to meet the locals.

randypower

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Thanks for putting this together, @Jarrett! I got to see some new fun roads and enjoyed riding with the group.

How close did that road-crossing deer get to you? I saw her running across, but had too many other bikes between us to see if she was really close to you.

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
@randypower - good riding with you again, as always
@irish66 - nice to meet you and ride with you

Had no idea my last minute ride was going turn out so big. We had 13 riders from around the NB area come out.

Met a lot of local riders that I had never ridden with before.

Pre ride pic:
View attachment 308308
Macdaddy protege!

Reaction score
Hey there, just saying hi. I'm a bit north of NB and ride every weekend. Mostly on road now till I get something more capable offroad.

20211210_094901.jpg