• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Can-Am Ryker

Reaction score
The Manager of MRH motorcycle traing just got back from Denver where they unveiled the new Can-Am Ryker. Targeting young people that have never used a clutch plus it starts at $8400 ! I think this thing is cool.https://www.rideapart.com/articles/265441/2019-can-am-ryker-trike-vehicle/ They also have a lease program like car dealers. Can-Am is really making a push for market share. They are already subsidizing riding classes.

Last edited:
Should be a great stepping stone to get more people on two wheels! Or for those tired of holding a bike up(my dad)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Looks good and is cheap enough to consider it. Might link to my girlfriend.

looks neat, but with 75,000 ways to mess with it, how much does some storage space cost?

So if they add a 4th wheel it becomes illegal on the streets. Could never figure that one out.

I'm not typically a big 3-wheeled motorbike fan, but this one looks pretty darn good.

Nope, not a chance.:eek2: If I ever did have a 3-wheeled version you can bet that it would at least have the benefit of running car tires. If I want to lean, I'll just ride the two-wheeled version.
Yeah. I get the whole can am spider deal. My dad is looking at them. But three wheels and leaning, and power to put it on the back wheel? I'm crazy, but not that crazy.

So if they add a 4th wheel it becomes illegal on the streets. Could never figure that one out.
If they add a fourth wheel from the factory it then has to meet automotive standards. You know seat belts and certain crash standards.

I would be willing to try, I'm not sure if I would want to own one but I would certainly take one for a good spin.
Actually that probably goes for the Ryker as well
I'd go around the parking lot. I do best on slow bikes

I've ridden a spyder before. Reminded me of a 4 wheeler in steering. Lots of fun though.

Looks like good engineering, marketing and concept to me... when I no longer feel competent on a 2 wheeler, I will consider... hopefully age 70 or so.

It looks like more of the same to me. I suppose that was probably the idea considering the Spyder has been pretty successful. I just have no interest in it.

Although it's not a departure in concept, the laudable progress is being able to offer it at 50-70% less than the Spyder models out there. Plenty of potential buyers don't need the Goldwing-like touring features in the RT and even the F3 is twice as much as the smaller Ryker. The Spyder addressed those who no longer have the ability or desire to ride on two wheels while being significantly more engaging, enticing, and capable than a Goldwing or Harley Trike.

Those trikes and the Spyder are pretty expensive. The Ryker may be within reach of those who might be curious for a toy, or those who need/want a trike but couldn't/wouldn't part with $15k-$30k to get one. With a significant weight reduction, it should still be a fun ride with the smaller engines (at least the 900cc).

They aren't my thing yet, but I hope they have success with it. As an aside, I've always thought Spyder RT is a big enough platform to host an electric motor with significant battery capacity to be viable for long range. I'd love to see them try!

Back