• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wonder how much range the heated grips consume if used.

Also...why do you really need cruise control on a bike that has an 89 mile highway range?

I'm a fan of the technology and will be an owner someday. I actually think the bike that Jarrett just bought for around 10-12K would meet my needs a bit more than this one though. If I'm spending 20K, I need to be able to ride it all day and actually go somewhere, not just mess around locally.
Of course all these electrics are for , as they are called, "early adopters". I actually think something like what Jarrett purchased could be a collectors item and will probably hold its value.

This new model has the potential to recharge in an hour.

Stop for lunch at a charge port and be on your way after you eat.
Obviously we're assuming an eatery will allow you to just "plug" in. Will they allow this, especially if say there is 5-6? How much do you pay?

I feel like they're going to be like iPhones. Six years and you can't give them away. Hoping you are right.

lol, answers my question, on my routes, pretty much zeros.

If I lived in an urban environment I'd love to have one of these. In the suburbs I'm not sure I'd get enough value out of it to justify the cost of the potential depreciation.

I feel like they're going to be like iPhones. Six years and you can't give them away. Hoping you are right.

Dibs when it hits the pay it forward thread!

I think they will be upgradable/modifiable. So as tech advances you can utilize the same chassis.

Guys are hot rodding teslas, bikes will come shortly

this struck me as funny; charging a Tesla at an implement dealer.

Tesla superchargers at three rivers tx Loves truck stop. They try to space them out , this being centrally located between San Antonio and corpus Christi. Just want to let all my rich TWT friends know where they can charge up their $82K model x

Chinese owned Volvo introduces stand alone brand Polestar model2 electric automobile

Last edited:
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I wonder what kinds of electromagnetic fields these things generate? Everyone freaks about people with pacemakers being around microwave ovens and they aren't even putting out that much power. What about effects on other electronic devices? I wonder if they will sterilize their riders...? :eek2: :-P

Tony said it feels like a Triumph Street Triple to ride. Doesn't mean much to me, but thought it might to y'all.

Torque on demand... The Speed Triples have a very linear feeling torque curve. Just twist the grip and GO!

Latest issue of RoadRunner Magazine has a short article on the Zero DSR

Interesting and I hope they keep evolving. Weight and price too high for me. Range not enough for me on days when I get into the "zone". Those are two tanks on my MV (200 miles), or full tank plus on Guzzi (sometimes 250 miles+).

At $20K , I bet your gut was correct.

srf-header-jpg.jpg

Specs:
140 ft-lbs. of torque
110 hp
124 mph top speed
161 miles in city
89 miles on the highway
Recharge in an hour
498 lb weight
Bosch Advanced MSC
Ride Modes