• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New forum format

Pete

Reaction score
Not sure of this is the proper forum to post this, but just wanted to say I think the new format is awesome....thanks Scott!!

This is as good a place as any other ;-)

Thanks.

This is a good browser format, but not near as user friendly as Tapatalk. I have a feeling my posting here will slow drown.
I feel the same, I miss having notifications

I like this. Super upgrade. Need to spend a little time and learn all the new features.

Push notifications are on the to do list. They are not native to the forum software, so I have to figure out how it is done.

Good to see a change, even if we have to get used to it!!

When you click on a 'blue helmet' to mark a subforum 'read', from the main page, the screen changes back to the top of that page. If there were more down the page, you have to go back to where you were.

When you click on a 'blue helmet' to mark a subforum 'read', from the main page, the screen changes back to the top of that page. If there were more down the page, you have to go back to where you were.

In the old forum, you could double click the helmet and it would just mark the forum read and do nothing else. In the new forum package, there is no option to double click the helmet (or generic icon) to mark the forum read. I had to install an add-on to do get that feature. I am not real happy with the way it works. I don't want it to take me back to the main forum page either. I would prefer it just mark read and leave me where I am. I will have to contact the author of the add-on to see if I can get that changed or added as an option.

Edit:
I left a note with the add-on developer requesting that he make it so it doesn't move you out of the forum. Will have to wait and see now.

I like the "like" option, otherwise I'll just have to learn to like the new format. Old one was fine with me. lol

This is a good browser format, but not near as user friendly as Tapatalk. I have a feeling my posting here will slow drown.

New software is great. Same format as a couple other forums I frequent so no learning curve. But the non support of Tapatalk is a big downgrade for mobile users with a side effect for me similar to yours.

I went back and looked at a few recent TWT threads I posted in. Way over 50% of all posts were made from Tapatalk. One thread consisted of ~75% Tapatalk posts. Seems like a big market for a business to abandon.

Interesting, I absolutely hated tapatalk's format and really like the new mobile format of the site. Can't make everybody happy all the time, or something like that. ;)

Will our post counts return and location under usernames?

Interesting, I absolutely hated tapatalk's format and really like the new mobile format of the site. Can't make everybody happy all the time, or something like that. ;)

I don't hate tapatalk, but I do like the mobile format of this site better. I just added twtex and advrider to the home screen of my phone and they're easier to reach than through tapatalk. For me anyway. And I don't like change.

Unfortunately, the browser on my phone automatically takes the forum site link to Tapatalk where it won't work. I'm not able to access the site on my phone. It won't mess with me much during the day, but it will kill any posting I'd be doing during a ride and probably ends me quite a few postings of impromptu pics because I'll have to transfer the pic from my phone to the computer just to post it.

I'm guessing I can uninstall Tapatalk on my phone and get it to work on my phone browser but I've got several other forums that I use Tapatalk for.

Anyway....it is what it is... but I have to admit it was easier before.

I do like the like button though. Sometimes you just want to agree with someone's post but not actually do a "me too" post. The like button is great for those times. I like it a lot. :)

I don't understand what is going on with people not being able to use their browser on the phone. I have TT installed and unless I open the app, it is like it doesn't exist. I can do whatever I please with Safari and it never opens TT. If I open Gmail, open a topic reply notification email and click on the link that takes me to a thread, it gives me a choice between Chrome or Safari. I click Safari and it loads the site without any issues.

So I am wondering if this is some kind of setting in TT?

I don't understand what is going on with people not being able to use their browser on the phone. I have TT installed and unless I open the app, it is like it doesn't exist. I can do whatever I please with Safari and it never opens TT. If I open Gmail, open a topic reply notification email and click on the link that takes me to a thread, it gives me a choice between Chrome or Safari. I click Safari and it loads the site without any issues.

So I am wondering if this is some kind of setting in TT?

Not sure. Mine is an android and not an iPhone so maybe a bit of difference in the way Tapatalk works but in my case, Tapatalk seems to recognize the forum page and assume it needs to open with Tapatalk. (kind of like a file association in Windows I'm guessing) I'm sure there's a way to break the association tie to Tapatalk. I just have to research it a bit and apply the change.

Back